WW1 Sailor - China Service - WWII Officer.

Jack's Son

It's nice to see this group all back together again. It would have been a crime to have seen it all split up. Nice work!

Kurt

Nice complete grouping. Most important man on the ship. No pay, no work.

Best regards,

The Wharfmaster

In Peace and War. US Merchant Marine.

Thank you, Dick.

I'm going to have to do more digging, because I am wondering why he has no China Service Medal. If he was there long enough to pickup a Shoochow Creek Medal, why no China Service??

Posted Today, 01:13 PM

Any guesses why this man has no China Service Medal?

JS, I'll take a stab- Bridge and Auburn are listed on his Notice of Separation abstract, and both of those qualified for China Service at various times in 37-39. I'll guess he just wasn't on either one at the qualifying times. Still a really nice and complete Mustang group--everything but the uniforms and the sword. That photo of him with the 2 other WO's in dress blues and longcoats with swords, and wearing their GCM's (no other medals) is neat.

• 6 years later...

Posted Today, 01:13 PM

Any guesses why this man has no China Service Medal?

JS, I'll take a stab- Bridge and Auburn are listed on his Notice of Separation abstract, and both of those qualified for China Service at various times in 37-39. I'll guess he just wasn't on either one at the qualifying times. Still a really nice and complete Mustang group--everything but the uniforms and the sword. That photo of him with the 2 other WO's in dress blues and longcoats with swords, and wearing their GCM's (no other medals) is neat.

Great observation, this group is now in my collection in Alaska. Cert is a little worse for ware and the box with the oak leaves has gone missing but the oak leaves are still here as is the rest of the group.

Thanks