DIX KNIFE

tankerman

Hello All,

I'm attempting my first photo post. Could not get other pics to download (file to large). Will continue to try to learn how to do this. I have had this DIX for over 20 years. As I found it.

post-1715-1202932631.jpg

post-1715-1203001860.jpg

Still learning how to post pics. Here's a look at my DIX knife marking. When I found this piece, Mr. Cole had not seen the Bird's head pommel before. I will be thinning my collection and wanted to share with other collectors.

Charlie Flick

T:

That is a very nice blade. The Dix knives are very interesting to me and somewhat scarce in nice shape. I have a couple in my collection as well and am always looking to upgrade them. Thanks for the post.

Charlie

Here's my Dix. The markings are real faint. So faint, in fact, that I didn't see them at first. I bought this knife with an M8 scababrd for $8. I was going to throw the knife away. On my way to the trash can, I took one more look and saw the faint "D" of Dix, and thought I better not trash it and check into it more. Glad I did! The holster/scabbard was an ebay purchase back in the early days. The scabbard fits the knife like it was made for it.

MVC_001S.JPG

MVC_002S.JPG

MVC_003S.JPG

I did not see much on google. Would either of you be willing to share a bit of the history or a link?
Not much info on DIX knives out there. Do not see many of them. When I started collecting 30+ years ago they were uncommon on my area, SE USA. This knife came in the M8 with the retaining strap removed and tip damaged. Fits M8 rather well and secure. As I noted in my post when I showed it to MH COLE he had not seen the bird's head pommel at that time. Thanks for the post.

Here's my Dix. The markings are real faint. So faint, in fact, that I didn't see them at first. I bought this knife with an M8 scababrd for $8. I was going to throw the knife away. On my way to the trash can, I took one more look and saw the faint "D" of Dix, and thought I better not trash it and check into it more. Glad I did! The holster/scabbard was an ebay purchase back in the early days. The scabbard fits the knife like it was made for it.

post-61-1203049277.jpg

post-61-1203049283.jpg

post-61-1203049290.jpg

Thanks for the post and pics. Great looking rig.

Thanks for the pics and info. It is interesting so little is know about them. I have see some pics of M3 knives stuffed into holsters like that but it seems awkward.

• 2 weeks later...