1/35 Super Heavy Tank T-28

Proud Kraut

@ Joe, thank you! I'm looking forward to see yours at well!

@ Wayne, yes, a very good practice. Just imagine: 2,66666667 Shermans at one go ;-)

Fading day! Purpose is to avoid a monotone look of the OD painting. I used 4 different oil colors for that step: white, light yellow, ocre, and umbra. Small dots of oil paint were applied on the tank with a toothpick.

comp_S73R0024.jpg

comp_S73R0025.jpg

The advantage of oil colors are, that they dry so slowly. You can add terpentine to thin out the colors or add further spots/colors for hours. No need to hurry with that step. Some pics of the result.

comp_S73R0036.jpg

comp_S73R0040.jpg

Ian, Erwin & Joe, thank you very much!

Weekend task: Small parts like MG, lights, tools etc. after sealing the oil colors with another layer of matt varnish and a first "blocking rehearsal" with parts of the crew.

comp_S73R0070.jpg

comp_S73R0073.jpg

Unfortunately DRAGON wasn't able to deliver the missing parts during the last two weeks, a real pity!!!! So I have to depict the T-28 in travel mode with only one steel cable.

comp_S73R0074.jpg

comp_S73R0078.jpg

• 1 year later...

Psst...all quiet on the modeler's front... so I will awake this old thread and continue building the T28 as promised. Still need a good idea for a dio....

Excellent construction photos and details about weathering. Should make an awesome diorama! Following along with great interest. Bob

SGMGray and Ches-Gen-4 thanks for your kind words! (Next up will be the T92, if available). I recently found these cardboard concrete slabs.

Bpl1.jpg

I couldn't find it again but once I saw a dio with the T28 one track attached and one track unrigged. Something like this...

Bpl3.jpg