1/35 Super Heavy Tank T-28

Proud Kraut

I didn't want to spend $150 for the Accurate Armour T28 kit, unfortunately the only T28 model in this scale as far as I know. Finally my waiting came to an end:

http://www.dragon-models.com/d-m-item.asp?pid=DRA6750

I'm sure that will be a MONSTER kit... definitely my christmas wish 2012 (it won't be long...;-)

Wow...that's a real bad-boy!! :o Lars...I'll bet your imagination is working overtime trying to figure out a suitable diorama scene for it! ;)

Wow...that's a real bad-boy!! :o Lars...I'll bet your imagination is working overtime trying to figure out a suitable diorama scene for it! ;)

100% right, my friend. I thought about a "fantasy" theme since the T 28 came too late to see combat in WW II (I believe). What about: "T28 meets Panzer MAUS"? Well, I think I first have to finish all the other projets, I have started once... SO MUCH GOOD STUFF OUT THERE TODAY!!!!

Lars

100% right, my friend. I thought about a "fantasy" theme since the T 28 came too late to see combat in WW II (I believe). What about: "T28 meets Panzer MAUS"? Well, I think I first have to finish all the other projets, I have started once... SO MUCH GOOD STUFF OUT THERE TODAY!!!!

Lars

You might need to add a new room to your home to accommodate it...it's a big beast...grosse panzer!! :w00t:

I've seen the real thing at the Armor Museum at Fort Knox years ago... The thing is a beast. It was designed to take out hardened emplacements and fortifications. Can't wait to see the reviews on the kit....

Wayne

• 2 months later...

When I opened the box my first thought was "Oh leck, this kit will keep me busy until 2015." I guess the kit has about 1000 and more parts. The T28 and me had a bad start. When organizing the parts I recognized, that one complete sprue was missing. Fortunately my dealer ordered a replacement from Dragon at once. Just to give you an impression of the pure mass of parts.

comp_S73R0341.jpg

Cobrahistorian

I too saw the original when I was at Knox (Basic, 2004)and said "I've gotta build that!" Haven't gotten my kit yet, but from everything I've seen so far, it's an awesome kit! Keep us posted on how it goes, Lars!

Jon

Thank you very much guys and a happy new year to all USMF members! I spent several hours yesterday and a complete afternoon today to get through with the HVSS bogies. What you see on that picture are 16 bogies containig of exact 400 parts - done! Tonight I will dream of them for sure...

comp_S73R0372.jpg

Looks very complicated.

Had to smile when I saw the figure standing there overviewing the set of roadwheels.

I'm looking forward to see the progress and - of course - the finished model.

Erwin

I was going to ask if you intended to build the full-track version or the transport version. Guess I saw the answer! That is a LOT of roadwheel assembly! Good luck Lars and we'll be looking forward to your progress pix.

Terry

Thank you very much my friends! @ Terry: If possible, I will build the tank that way, I can put it in both modes, we'll see. The construction manual is more than chaotic, full of mistakes etc...

I start to get an idea of the dimensions of that tank:

comp_S73R0401.jpg

comp_S73R0404.jpg

Modeler never get annoyed at sleeplessness. There is always something to do, such as tracks. Each track of my T28 contains of 2 halfs and exact 100 tiny parts, I could not find the English term for. So that's another 408 parts for the tracks:

comp_S73R0393.jpg

comp_S73R0397.jpg

All I can think of is a diorama where the crew is driving that monster toward an LCM and the Navy crew of the boat is runnign toeward it waving their hands, knowing their boat would sink under the weight!