POW/MIA Recognition Day, The Pentagon, 21 Sep 2012

USMCRECON

Bill

Thanks for posting this for.I saw a very small paragraph in the local paper but nothing on the main news stations here.I was just going to post that today was POW/MIA Day.Surprised I saw nothing earlier on the forum.

Lest We For Get :salute:

Robert K AshFord...WW2 USN

Lt.J.Kostelec ...WW2 FSSF

James D Cohron....Viet Nam USSF-MACVSOG

Flight of Black hawk helos passing over the parade with the missing man formation in the background. The "missing man" is just beginning to climb out of the formation.

post-1107-1348271774.jpg

The missing man formation in the distance. The "missing man" is climbing well above the formation in this shot.

And that about wraps up the coverage of this event in photos.

post-1107-1348271958.jpg

Bill- Thank you for sharing these and continuing to work the issue. Ironically one of my FB friends photographed the same missing formation from over the the AF memorial, probably not realizing they were flying to honor the event.

Bill,

Thank you for all your work you have done and continue to do; and the time you have taken to post this pictures on the forum.

To our POWs and MIAs You Will Not Be Forgotten :salute:

Strength and Honor

De Oppresso Liber

John

Thank you for your kind comments on this group of photos. As always, it was an honor to attend this event to honor America's POWs/MIAs and to meet their families.