60s Mattel M16 toy rifle poster/ Other toy posters.

patches

Garandomatic

What I'd like to know is how the heck they pulled off the 6 ft tank and 7 ft sub? Where was the gimmick with those? Had to be made out of paper or something for that price...

What I'd like to know is how the heck they pulled off the 6 ft tank and 7 ft sub? Where was the gimmick with those? Had to be made out of paper or something for that price...

I never bought one, but I believe both were made of standard hard plastic.

A Mattel M16 Marauder was sold on E-Bay back in December 11 of $249.00, keep your eyes open for more :D personally I wouldn't mind having one, it is a memory from when I was a kid.

If you guys see an M16 Maurauder grab it up, before some John Wayne reenactor smashes it on a tree. I swear the old M16s you could bend the barrel before you could break the stock. Never saw a broken stock, did see some cracked handguards, but basically the at the vent holes. All that bayonet training couldn't hurt one. Did hear of some damage when they got torn off a jumper on opening shock and fell 1200 feet. Love the old comic adds. SKIP

Steindaddie

All these stories of Sea Monkeys, Roman soldiers, and M16 Marauders bring back such fond memories. I remember back in the 60's my parents hosting a suit & tie cocktail party, and I went charging through it with my Marauder on full auto while screaming "Marauder Division!!!" until I was finally captured by our housekeeper. She was so furious, I imagine she would have enjoyed using that M16 for her own John Wayne impression, but with my backside substituting for the tree. Her bare hand was enough though, and with it, she beat me like a rented mule.

Thanks for the great memories!

My father was in Vietnam from 1968 to 1969 and used to say "the M16 "It must be swell it's Mattel" which was one of their slogans.

Yes that's the one I meant. Guess I should have said based on that slogan. It's the kind of humor you can only get from having been there.

"You can tell it's Mattel, It's Swell!"

firefighter

My brother and I always wanted to get the 7' sub.But our mom said it was a crock and wouldn't let us buy it. :( Would love to see what one really looked like.

• 2 weeks later...
blackhawkdown

Here is my Maurader, I sort of still works. My little brother took it outside when I was a kid in the sandbox and filled it full of sand. I finally managed to get it out later as an adult. You could cock it to 5 times for continuous fire but now it only cocks 1-1/2.
It's one of the few toys I have from childhood.

• 1 month later...

Wow here another blast from the past, I remember this one, never bought one, but I do remember it in the old candy and drug stores back in the late-ish 60s :lol::lol:

post-34986-0-73276000-1378007618.jpg

All the old ads, what a blast from the past. I had a Marauder too, but I sassed my mom one time too many and she walloped me across the backside with it and it shattered as dramatically as the one in the movie, cut her hand too. She was a feisty one.

• 1 year later...

I never bought one, but I believe both were made of standard hard plastic.

Found this online....

post-35406-0-45002000-1431372879.jpg