Filipino-American Portrait Photo - Unit Identification Help Needed

gauthieb3sxz

I've been researching a recent photo find and was wondering if anyone could help shine some light on the unit identification. The sitter appears to be a Fillipino-American. He is wearing what appear to be the American defense ribbon with one star, the Pacific campaign ribbon with one star, the Philippine defense ribbon and the Philippine liberation ribbon with one star. He is also sporting the PUC and CIB.

Any ideas regarding his unit? I don't recognize the acronym on the bottom right hand corner. 15th ID. 1st STR TIS?

Thanks!

post-10756-1347316710.jpg

post-10756-1347316752.jpg

Wow! The dude looks like a young George Takai! Warp factor six Captain!

Super photo. I'll bet he was a guerilla after the islands fell. I also bet the lack of valor awards was due to a lack of witnesses.

I'd assume that the 15th Division is his Philippine Division. Perhaps Friscohare will chime in.

Allan

15th Co, 1st STR, TIS =

15th Company, 1st Student Training Regiment, The Infantry School

Ft. Benning, GA

SUPERB pic! Yup, he was a Philippine Defender... and I'm sure he was a Philippine Scout and, as Allan said, probably was a guerrilla fighter, too. 2nd Lieutenant and everything! Apparently, a bunch of Scouts received officer's commissions after the war.

Also, if he was a Scout, he would probably have served with the 45th or the 57th Infantry Regiment. Thanks for sharing!

WOW! Thanks guys! With that info I was able to find his name!

Also, the photographer stamp on the reverse is a California photographer.

post-10756-1347369820.jpg