Personal Purchase, AEF Service Coat. Ambulance Co.

USMCRECON

I was going through a cabinet in the garage where some of my "overflow" uniforms are being stored to renew the mothballs and re-seal it. Before doing so, I thought I'd pull out two WW-I uniforms that I've had for many years and post pics on the forum.

Below are the first two pictures of this one. By the patch, I would think he was assigned to an Ambulance Company. It looks like it might have been on display somewhere as all exposed areas show signs of fading. This is clearly evident by the ghost of a Sam Browne belt as evident in the top picture shows. It also shows the silver faux bullion silver Captain's bars, bullion overseas chevron, honorable discharge chevron and two loose US and Medical collar insignia. These were in the inside pocket rather than being affixed to the collar but there is a darker ghost of both on the collar. Unfortunately, it did come to me with a bit of moth damage and a couple missing buttons as can be seen in this pic as well.

The lower picture shows a close-up of the fully-embroidered patch. I'll follow with the remaining pictures in the next post.

post-1107-1202137561.jpg post-1107-1202137569.jpg

Here are the rest of the pictures of the Medical Captain's uniform. These pictures merely show the Hart Shaffner & Marx labels. The upper one is sewn inside the collar and the lower one is the inside pocket lable. Fortunately, it does have his name, I believe his service number, and date on it.

Obviously, since it's been in rather "deep" storage, I haven't done any research on him yet. Anyway, here it is. As always when I post items on the forum, any comments are welcome.

post-1107-1202138309.jpg post-1107-1202138315.jpg

I really like that patch!

I went back and took a very close shot of the patch and have posted it here in case you're interested.

post-1107-1202141958.jpg