What to look for in buying an Everitt Knuckle Knife

2ad82recon

Hi guys i am now atring the search for one knife that eludes my collection......i would like to find a good Everitt Knuckle knife.

What do i look for with these to determine a genuine one ? thumbdown.gif

Does anyone make a repro ? think.gif

What is the going rate ? w00t.gif

any of you blade guys got Everitts and would be kind enough to share comparison pictures..... thumbsup.gif

Thanks ya all

Regards

LLoyd

The SHEATH shown in the link is NOT the original type for the Everitt fighting knife. Anyway, I've never seen any Repro of an Everitt.

Thanks a million fellas.....so there are NO known repros of an Everitt.....both Black or Green handles are accepted and would it be possible for an Everitt to have ended up in a "short hanger" M8 scabard ?

I may have a line on one.......... ;)

What is the going rate for them please ?

Will keep you posted

Regards

Lloyd

Yes, there are fakes of the Everitt knife. Watch for the markings on the handle. Real Everitt's have raised letters, while the fakes that I have seen have stamped letters.

Bob, what makes you think that the scabbard in the other thread isn't the original? It came with my knife, and that's the one shown in Cole's book on US knives.

Thanks Robin...so there ARE Fakes of the Everitt............. mad.gif

So the raised lettering in the handle is the giveaway is it ?

Thanks was curious as there is no reference to a fake one on Frank T pages....:-(

Regards

Lloyd

Yes, there are fakes of the Everitt knife. Watch for the markings on the handle. Real Everitt's have raised letters, while the fakes that I have seen have stamped letters.

Bob, what makes you think that the scabbard in the other thread isn't the original? It came with my knife, and that's the one shown in Cole's book on US knives.

Original Everitt SHEATH has SIX metal staples at throat, metal ring at bottom for leg tie, long strap w/ snap that goes around knuckles & handle, & no metal plate at bottom of sheath. Of course, any sheath, that fits, could have been used in the field (m-6, m-8, m-8A1; etc.)

• 2 weeks later...

Pardon the intrusion but I ran across this thread doing a Google search on a knife my wife inherited from her father. Can anyone tell me a little more on the history of this knife and the estimated value? Here's a couple of pics of the knife...

everitt%20knife%20001.jpg

everitt%20knife%20003.jpg

Her father was in the navy during WWII and stationed out in the pacific.

Hello SiberD,Welcome to the Forum.

Your knife is the WW2 Everitt fighting knife.Your has the black painted handle.You may want to check out Frank Trzaskas webb site on US knives.The Everitt was a private purchase knife during the war.Had a cast aluminum handle and chemically blackened blade then handle was painted green or black.I have see everitts in the condition of yours recently for $350-$375.Ones in unissued/unused condition will be more and bring a premium.Hope this helps

RON

Hello SiberD,Welcome to the Forum.

Your knife is the WW2 Everitt fighting knife.Your has the black painted handle.You may want to check out Frank Trzaskas webb site on US knives.The Everitt was a private purchase knife during the war.Had a cast aluminum handle and chemically blackened blade then handle was painted green or black.I have see everitts in the condition of yours recently for $350-$375.Ones in unissued/unused condition will be more and bring a premium.Hope this helps

RON

Thank you, thank you very much.

You've got the correct original SHEATH in excellent condition; so even though knife is only fair to good: it might bring more than $500. .

• 6 years later...
ViewfinderGyrene

Thanks for the thread, cleared up misconceptions I had while looking at one on Ebay. Sadly Ebay got strange and removed it?????????????? :dry:

summersdogs

Thanks for the thread, cleared up misconceptions I had while looking at one on Ebay. Sadly Ebay got strange and removed it?????????????? :dry:

If memory serves (and at my age, who knows?), eBay prohibits the sale of brass knuckles, so the knife maybe got caught up in a drone search of "knuckle"...or a vindictive seller/buyer reported the auction. Some people have no lives whatsoever.

Lynne