Enlisted EGAs

Schnicklfritz

Schnicklfritz

These were listed as Span-Am period Enlisted EGAs. I lean towards them being 20's era. Close to the M37 EGA style. What are your thoughts? Any ideas as to maker. They have some resemblance to a couple of cap size EGAs from the 20's. Love these birdies!

post-115-1344622980.jpg

Oh man, those are something else! Design seems to derive from the 20s/30s...construction suggests the early 50s...the ropes on the anchors blows my mind, as it was authorized until 1956 and didn't go into much use until around 1960

Schnicklfritz

That was what was throwing me off Brig. The design of them becons 20's but the clutch back said later. First ones that I've seen constructed like this. The details are something!

Are they something from that company in the Washington DC area that has cranked out fake EGA's that often look like something real, but don't quite match - National Capital Historical Sales (nchs on e-bay)

teufelhunde.ret
Are they something from that company in the Washington DC area that has cranked out fake EGA's that often look like something real, but don't quite match - National Capital Historical Sales (nchs on e-bay)

They have too much detail going for them, in checking NCHS sales he not sold anything like them. And USNUSA who put out some really close, accuratly detailed repro's is not longer selling. These really have captured 4 decades of unique enlisted collar emblem features, in one emblem. Would have gladly paid the $65. price, to have the opportunity to examine.