ARE YOU A SERIOUS DOG TAG & ID COLLECTOR?

Wharfmaster

Wharfmaster

Anyone out there a serious collector of military ID tags, bracelets, badges, cards, name tapes, ID booklets and documents, all periods? Do you have a military ID to a famous person?

If ya got em, show em.

Best regards to all,

The Wharfmaster

In Peace and War. US Merchant Marine.

Wharfmaster
Wharf,

If Kurt shows his, I will post mine! :)

We know what he has, don't we?

Best regards,

W

btt

Wharfmaster, what constitutes a "serious" dogtag collector? I have a few WWI tags, but nothing that could compare to the quality of Kurt's!

Wharfmaster
Wharfmaster, what constitutes a "serious" dogtag collector? I have a few WWI tags, but nothing that could compare to the quality of Kurt's!

If you are avidly seeking dog tags & military ID and they are high on your collector list, you are probably a serious collector. It does not matter if you have ten dog tags, a hundred or a thousand in your collection.

I hope forum members will share some of their favorites with us, all periods and branches.

Very best regards,

The Wharfmaster

Dang Kurt! Well here we go (and I am not a "Dog Tag" collector but have been fortunate to wind up with a few nice ones).

If you saw the mini-series Band of Brothers or read the book, then you should recognize this one...

post-261-1344473345.jpg

Wharfmaster
Dang Kurt! Well here we go (and I am not a "Dog Tag" collector but have been fortunate to wind up with a few nice ones).

If you saw the mini-series Band of Brothers or read the book, then you should recognize this one...

Super 101st tag, thanks for posting!

W

Wharfmaster
Thanks Wharf! Well damn, since Kurt showed his, I'll mine! :)

Yes, came from the Major directly. These where his Officer's Tags. Hope people enjoy as much as I do.

As good as it gets. Fantastic dog tags! History you can hold in your hands.

W

Okay, no one famous yet in my collection, but here is what I have put together over the last couple years. A couple rikers full of Kansas guys and then just miscellaneous. I'm working on getting one from every state and I like "odd" addresses on the NOK tags. I have lucked into a paratrooper and a Silver Star winner...

post-1095-1344483751.jpg

post-1095-1344483764.jpg

post-1095-1344483769.jpg

YEAH........I'd say these guys are SERIOUS!!

I wouldn't say I was a dog tag collector per se, but I do like the history behind them. When I was offered the George Gay tag, I had to buy it!

Kurt

If you are avidly seeking dog tags & military ID and they are high on your collector list, you are probably a serious collector. It does not matter if you have ten dog tags, a hundred or a thousand in your collection.

I hope forum members will share some of their favorites with us, all periods and branches.

Very best regards,

The Wharfmaster

Wharfmaster, Thanks for the answer. I don't fit into this catagory and definetly don't have any of the quality shown already, so I am just going to sit back and enjoy this thread!

Wharfmaster, Thanks for the answer. I don't fit into this catagory and definetly don't have any of the quality shown already, so I am just going to sit back and enjoy this thread!

Thanks much! I think the guys would like to see your WW1 dog tags.

Very best regards,

W