4 replies to this topic

#1 craig_pickrall

craig_pickrall

Deceased Forum Co-Founder

• IN MEMORIAM
    • Member ID: 5
  • 11,253 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 09:25 PM

For anyone wanting to recreate a USMC WW2 sniper rifle this is a good time. Leatherwood is making a nice repro of the scope. The MSRP is $549. See more at: www.hi-luxoptics.com

#2 Long Trang

Long Trang
  • Members
    • Member ID: 17,109
  • 167 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 07:14 PM

For anyone wanting to recreate a USMC WW2 sniper rifle this is a good time. Leatherwood is making a nice repro of the scope. The MSRP is $549. See more at: www.hi-luxoptics.com

The scopes seem ok. But the reviews on the mounts that come with these are not stellar. They are junk.

#3 blitzkrieg gsd

blitzkrieg gsd
  • Members
    • Member ID: 10,550
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 04:39 PM

Seems like the rings and bases are the hardest parts to get rite on a ww2 era sniper repo. It's even worse trying to find good repo parts for the 98k. Wish a company would set out to make the parts for a few different sniper rifles and make them rite and dependable. I would like to build a couple repo sniper rifles myself but I'm scared to spend the money on junk. If you guys know of anyplace or one where I could find good quality repo ring sand bases for a 03 and 98k let me know.

#4 thorin6

thorin6
  • Members
    • Member ID: 11,546
  • 2,416 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 06:58 PM

Seems like the rings and bases are the hardest parts to get rite on a ww2 era sniper repo. It's even worse trying to find good repo parts for the 98k. Wish a company would set out to make the parts for a few different sniper rifles and make them rite and dependable. I would like to build a couple repo sniper rifles myself but I'm scared to spend the money on junk. If you guys know of anyplace or one where I could find good quality repo ring sand bases for a 03 and 98k let me know.

If you are looking for rings and base for the M1903A4 reproduction, you need to avoid the current Redfield Jr. Bases for the M1903A3. They are currently made in China and don't line up right. You have to find an older set that are in a package marked "Made in USA" which just takes patience. As for the rings, the 3/4 rings for the 330C/M73 scope pop up occasionally, but they are usually pricey. I got mine off an older scope that had them thus avoiding a bidding war that occurs occasionally on ebay and gunbroker.
There is a place for the 98k base and rings but I not sure where my reference to them is. However, if I do find my reference, I'll PM the location to you.

#5 Bob Hudson

Bob Hudson

Forum Co-Founder (Ret)

• Administrators
    • Member ID: 2
  • 26,792 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 07:58 PM

Heck that's less than half of what you'd pay for an original case for a real Unertl sniper scope.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users