Question about the unofficial WWI Victory Medal

Javelin4life

Javelin4life

Hey everyone,

I just have a question about a medal I've seen a few times here and there, most recently at a gunshow I attended back in May. From what I've been able to gather, it's supposedly an unofficial variant of the WWI victory medal, with General George Pershing's profile on the front of the medal, a "PEACE" bar at the top with a open C clasp pin, and on the reverse side of the medal, 48 stars that spell out "victory". Would anyone have information on this medal, such as if it is an unofficial variant, a ballpark price range, how many were made, etc? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you all,

Alex

I believe they were sold at veterans shows

they range from $15 to what ever someone is willing to pay. From a dealer he will say it rare, chuckle, chuckle, so the sky is the limit.

the 13 stars are for J.J. Pershing 13 named battles, I would guess?

the ribbon is for the colors of all the interallied countries.

On the reverse side of the medal it states 48 stars. I would guest it is for the 48 states. The stars spell out the word VICTORY.

The French were famous for the use of the ball for their own medal suspensions so maybe it is French made?

Regards, Jim

I found this one on ebay for $99.99 if you are looking for one. It was just posted

Vintage WWI Pershing Victory In The Stars 48 Stars Peace Medal item #310418738258

It will be interesting to see if one or both or still for sale at te end of auction, as both can be had by doing a "buy now or best other" right now.

Since i do not have one of this type medal, I am wondering if someone does have one, if they would check the rim to to see if there is a rim stamp.

Thanks...... :thumbsup:

It will be interesting to see if one or both or still for sale at te end of auction, as both can be had by doing a "buy now or best other" right now.

Since i do not have one of this type medal, I am wondering if someone does have one, if they would check the rim to to see if there is a rim stamp.

Thanks...... :thumbsup: