Biggest diorama yet. WWII abandoned train yard.

Pmuranyi

HI Ho! Yeah I got it finished In late summer. I see some spots that I want to fix and do better but it is mostly done. The next dio is on the way! A convoy of US vehicles passing many knocked out German trucks and tanks. The photos are in process Shemans and the stack of German stuff is possibles for the trashed vehicles by the side of the road. It will be in the winter but deciding if in woods, with dirt road, tar road or by small village. Should be a fun project. The storm trashed two half tracks that were built and drying by the window when the winds hit. Buuuummmerrrr.........

Ill post some in progress photos in a bit!!!

Thanks for the kind words. It helps!!

Caio for now

Paul

post-7107-0-25059200-1353728709_thumb.jpg

HI! Yep somewhere in later war. That way I can have loads of wrecked vehicles along the road. Rusting and blown up. Fun! I just ordered a jeep and Im going to put a ton of bags on it . Also a snow plow! Something different. I may put a plow on the Mercedes truck too if it goes into the dio. So, loads of work ahead. Ill post news here when I get a leg up on it.

Caio for now

Paul

wow - I was wondering if you'd be able to top your previous massive dio but it sounds like you are going to! I can't wait to see some more progress pix. Man, you think BIG! ;)

Terry

HI! Here are a few photos of models for the next dio. The Jeep is Tamiya with Blackdog resin bags. For the purist that may a no-no. Have to scratch build evrything by hand, but at this point I see it as a time saver. Looks great too! The Jeep will have a Tank work shop plow on it. The truck in the back is the Italeri Mercedes 3000. That will be on the side of the road. It too will have a plow on it.

More on the way!!!

Paul

post-7107-0-48617400-1353964535_thumb.jpg

HI! Quick update. I got the mercedes weathered up. Looks very dirty and tired looking. Good. Off to the side of the road with him! The jeep is about half way done with weathering. I also have to scratch build a mirror because I dry brushed it off. Anyone have an extra?? More painting and building on the jeep too. Next is the plow on the jeep. I bought one for it online and it was a horrible resin kit. Thin floppy and broke within minutes of starting. Decided to go PE and try it again with another company.

Thats it for now!

Paul

post-7107-0-19677400-1354496716_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ho! Small update for the rest of the year. Got the blade on the jeep and painted up the cargo. Still have to put in cable to blade. In the new year get the snow blade on the Mercedes, knock out a few more vehicles and work out landscape.. All is well and an early Happy Holidays to everybody here!!!

Caio!

Paul

post-7107-0-67254500-1355540254.jpg

post-7107-0-66905100-1355540298.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Happy Holidays all! I just had time to knock out a Russian gaz before I starts on commissions. Here is the group that will be in the next dio. A few more vehicles will be put in and last night I drew out the plans for the dio. Have a great new years too!!!!!!!

Caio,

Paul

post-7107-0-57725800-1356458533_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

HI Ho and Happy new year to all. I had time to roughly design a layout for the upcoming diorama. Wanted in the gap but torward a small river. No action just movement of the troops. There will be a river on the right with a stalled RSO in the middle on rock filled creek/river. A mercedes plow off to the side of the road in a bed of winter grass. On the road a command car will lead the two shermans. The house will have a jeep plow by it as well as a mercedes 1500. There will also be an entrenched flakpanzer 38t on the lawn of said house. Burned up I think. The house and land will have hedge rows, trees burned soli form the 38T. This dio will be a winter snow scene. Snow mounds from plows and snow on frozen river/lake/creek whatev.. Got a long way to go and probably will change it but this is the first draft.

Caio for now!

Paul

post-7107-0-02312000-1357795817.jpg

post-7107-0-06125900-1357795845.jpg

Looks very promising.

Looking forward to the end result.

Maybe an abandoned motorcycle in the snow too? Half buried in it or so.

Erwin

• 3 weeks later...

HI! About a year. Well, on and off for a year. I changed the layout many times so thats a factor too. I also messed up a few models and had to make a few "Do Overs". Its my finest piece to date! Very proud of it. The new one will take a shorter amount of time I think. Ill post the new WC57 that is going in new dio as soon as I get the decals on....!

Caio,

Paul

HI Ho! Thanks for the compliments! They always help! Here is the new model. Skybows WC57. A honey of a kit. Nice engine and the detail is supurb. This one eats the italeri out dated kit. AFV bought the molds from Skybow and now produce the kit. For more money...... Flew together and it will lead the column of US vehicles in this new diorama. I think the rest of the dio will have German stuff so I wont post. I will take pohoto when I start the ground work.

Caio for now

P

post-7107-0-61690200-1359506593_thumb.jpg