FRISCAN'S U.S. 3rd Infantry Division Patch Collection...

FRISCAN

Evening Gentlemen,

Heres my small but rather concise U.S. 3rd Infantry Division patch collection. There is at least one patch from each of the various periods of the U.S. 3rd Infantry Division's long illustrious history.

Enjoy!

3rdID_Concise.jpg

The various U.S. 3rd Infantry Division patches are in order:

U.S. 3rd Infantry Division, German Theater-Made(Felt), ca. 1919-1921

U.S. 3rd Infantry Division, U.S. Embroidered, ca. 1938-1941

U.S. 3rd Infantry Division, English Theater-Made(Silk), ca 1942-1945

U.S. 3rd Infantry Division, Italian Theater-Made(Silk) w/ OD#3 Border, ca. 1943-1944

U.S. 3rd Infantry Division, Italian Theater-Made(Silk) w/ OD#7 Border, ca. 1943-1944

U.S. 3rd Infantry Division, Italian Theater-Made(Bullion), ca. 1943-1944

U.S. 3rd Infantry Division, German Theater-Made(Embroidered), ca. 1945-1946

U.S. 3rd Infantry Division, U.S. Embroidered, ca. 1947 -1953

U.S. 3rd Infantry Division, U.S. Embroidered w/ Korea Tab, ca. 1951-1953

U.S. 3rd Infantry Division, U.S. Embroidered, ca. 1968-1972

U.S. 3rd Infantry Division, German Theater-Made(Embroidered), ca. 1972 -1982

U.S. 3rd Infantry Division, U.S. Embroidered(Subdued), ca. 1985-1994

U.S. 3rd Infantry Division, U.S. Embroidered, ca. 1988-1995

U.S. 3rd Infantry Division, Iraq Theater-Made(Embroidered)(Desert Subdued), ca. 2003

U.S. 3rd Infantry Division, U.S. Embroidered w/ Sniper Tab(Desert Subdued), ca. 2003-2005

U.S. 3rd Infantry Division, U.S. Embroidered(Velcro)(Winter Subdued), ca. 2006

U.S. 3rd Infantry Division, Infra-red(Velcro)(Woodland Subdued), ca. 2006

U.S. 3rd Infantry Division, Infra-red(Velcro)(Desert Subdued), ca. 2006

Kind Regards,

FRISCAN

Hey Gary,

Thanks! I have an original Anzio tab but, its on my Eisenhower jacket. Its just not shown here. I have also have a reproduction for H.J. Saunders. However, the one I've got on my Eisenhower is cut edge embroidered and came from S/Sgt. Albert S. Brown from Howe Co., U.S. 30th Infantry Regiment.

Kind Regards,

FRISCAN

Thanks Admin! thumbsup.gif

PS could you edit a part of my above post? Since the post has been responded too I can't edit it any longer. If you could on the list of patches on the sixth one down(bullion) would you please take out the "w/ OD#3 Border" out of that sentence?

Thanks,

FRISCAN

PS could you edit a part of my above post? Since the post has been responded too I can't edit it any longer. If you could on the list of patches on the sixth one down(bullion) would you please take out the "w/ OD#3 Border" out of that sentence?

Thanks,

FRISCAN

Not a problem. I just editted it for ya.

Here Ya go... I got this one from a U.S. 3rd Infantry Division veteran at the 85th Reunion here in Savannah back in 2004...

Anzio_Tab.jpg

Kind Regards,

FRISCAN

Stinger Gunner USMC

Thanks for sharing, If you dont mind I'd like to add the photo to my reference. I think I see sewn ribbons to thumbsup.gif

I hope the vet shared some of his history along with that jacket. Make sure you write it all down and keep it with the uniform to preserve its history!

Thanks Stinger,

You know I WISH I could say that this is all his jacket but I can't. The jacket I pieced together. The "Anzio" Tab and one pin back crest that I have are his but, the jacket I pieced together for Class "A" occasions. Our company reenacts the U.S. 30th Infantry Regiment and cover from 1937 to 1946.

You don't see anyone wearing the "Anzio" tab and I figured he gave it to me and what better way to honor him and to say thank you for what he gave me and everyone on this forum....freedom! thumbsup.gif

Speaking in terms of the ribbons though I bought those ribbons for $2. They are English made hand embroidered ribbons and I'm just glad someone else made them because I do not have that kind of patience. LOL

Kind Regards,

FRISCAN

I like the 3rd ID patches you posted, great collection! You posted some new ones and so I will add a post war FE German made and some of the endless variations of newer pocket and novelty patches related to the Division you can find over here.

Lars

3c.JPG

3_d.JPG

LOVE the patches guys! 3ID makes for some fun SSI and pocket patch collecting. I have some ranging from WWI to OIF myself. I guess this thread would be good to include them in...

WWI through WWII patches. Both theatre made and official greenback versions. Second group takes it through post-WWII to OIF (mixture of gov't issue and theatre made).

post-79-1201831095.jpg

post-79-1201831101.jpg

First set are theatre made shipped directly from Iraq from one of our distinquished members. Second set are some various pocket patches.

post-79-1201831125.jpg

post-79-1201831132.jpg

Ken,

great collection! Here are some more "3rd related":

One unknown (top row left, maybe support unit?), 38th InfRgt (3rd ID until 1939) and some competition patches (CAT, BOESELAGER).

Lars

3rd.JPG

Lars, there are some outstanding patches in your collection! Having the 3rd stationed in Germany for so long, I'm sure there are some great patches floating around. If you happen to run across some really neat pocket patches that would be duplicates for you, remember your friends in the states thumbsup.gif