Capt. Waldo Ross and the King Armored Car

dskjl

Well, this took a year to buy/trade for and I finally bit the bullet. This grouping is really only paper, but I have been drooling over it none the less.

Capt Waldo Ross the inventor of the United States 1st motorized Armored vehicle, patent data, blue prints, correspondentsts with the US and British governments, vendors, and the USMC contract docs for the 1st couple sold. Way to much here in the folders for one post so this will probably move to the grouping section with more pics etc... The only remaining car in existencesce is in the the USMC museum and they do not have the docs or data found in this pile-o-files. I have got some reading to do, but have to wait until I stop drooling.

Enjoy and please comment, the good the bad and the ugly all welcome.

DSC06317.jpg

aerialbridge

Tremendous historical military engineering specs and photos. Beyond museum quality, since you have the only ones. Thanks for sharing!

Tremendous historical military engineering specs and photos. Beyond museum quality, since you have the only ones. Thanks for sharing!

Thank you, i'm thinking this may be book material.

aerialbridge

Definitely book material. Looking forward to seeing more from your Ross acquisition. Really amazing.

Wow, color me impressed! :thumbsup:

I've seriously pondered making a full-sized copy of this car but with modern running gear, ever since I saw one at the old USMC museum at Quantico in 1998.

I've seriously pondered making a full-sized copy of this car but with modern running gear, ever since I saw one at the old USMC museum at Quantico in 1998.

To funny, I have some of the blue prints if you want to build it to scale. :lol:

by the by the one you saw is the only one left.

:thumbsup:

Glad you got it ;) Im sure you will thouroughly enjoy researching the material at hand.Does it list the running gear they used for the vehicle or was it custom built opposed to using an existing platform??

Sad the Museum wouldnt step up to the plate to aquire this.

:thumbsup:

Glad you got it ;) Im sure you will thouroughly enjoy researching the material at hand.Does it list the running gear they used for the vehicle or was it custom built opposed to using an existing platform??

Sad the Museum wouldnt step up to the plate to aquire this.

it apears it is all ground up contruction, there are notes from the USMC about but joints etc... the chasi maybe from a GM truck, I am still digging. :thumbsup:

manayunkman

If nothing else you have your own personal memento of the greatness of this country.

Thanks for posting this.

M

dave peifer

very historically significant.......great group,my kind of stuff..........i could get lost in that for hours.........dave

D,

This is even better then you tried to describe!!!

I know how long you've wanted to complete the document group, and now it's a reality.

Let's see where this takes you. :think:

teufelhunde.ret
The only remaining car in existencesce is in the the USMC museum and they do not have the docs or data found in this pile-o-files.

Notify them you have this group, they may be interested?

AMAZING grouping there! I am glad it is with someone who truly appreciates its historical significance, and is willing to share some of it here. Congratulations on the find! :thumbsup:

-Johannes

If nothing else you have your own personal memento of the greatness of this country.

Thanks for posting this.

M

Amen

AMAZING grouping there! I am glad it is with someone who truly appreciates its historical significance, and is willing to share some of it here. Congratulations on the find! :thumbsup:

-Johannes

Thank you I feel privileged to have it.

very historically significant.......great group,my kind of stuff..........i could get lost in that for hours.........dave

Sorry for the slow reply I was lost ;)

Notify them you have this group, they may be interested?

The previous owner did just that and asked for 10k and they told him to ship it to them for review and they would consider his asking price. He told me he was afraid to do so for fear they would just copy the data and return it, or keep it and claim government domain.

Frankly 10k seems kind of high and the whole copy thing seems kind of paranoid to me but I was thinking of maybe trying to work a trade with them for the archived stuff they store as fillers for displays etc...

Thanks for the advice,