• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#1 hawkdriver

hawkdriver
  • Members
    • Member ID: 2,549
  • 7,962 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 07:13 PM

In my Victory .38 thread, I was asked to show my 92FS. So, I thought I'd do it. If you have a 92FS dressed up as a military replicate, show it here.
Mine has the same rack marks as the one I was issued during my first tour to Iraq in 2006. I don't know how I found the same color green for the rack number, but I did and used the same stencil cutter that was used on the original weapons. The unit butt number was unceremoniously done with a simple paint pen. The crimson trace laser is one I bought and carried, I originally was going to buy a IR laser, glad that I didn't, the red was more useful. The lanyard I used was a tan coil lanyard, but it came up missing at some time and I haven't found it yet.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

all right, your turn.

#2 sd95b

sd95b
  • New Members
    • Member ID: 5,753
  • 18 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 07:32 AM

Hawk, your Beretta is a "Police Special" as indicated by the letters "PS" in a shield on the slide. The pilots I saw flying out of Coleman Barracks in Mannheim-Sandhofen had 4 inch S&W Model 10's. This was in the mid 1980's. I think the military .38's are an interesting area. My MP company in Mannheim even had some US marked Colt Police Positive Specials from the 1950's in inventory. Those berettas are great guns.

#3 LtRGFRANK

LtRGFRANK
  • Members
    • Member ID: 551
  • 2,921 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 09:00 AM

OK so mines not Military looking but it's my CC Gun. As a long time wheel gun man still getting used to it but likeberreta.jpg the extra firepower. 40 S&W. Robert

#4 gunbarrel

gunbarrel
  • Members
    • Member ID: 70
  • 6,089 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 10:31 AM

Good looking Berettas. Here is mine, arranged as part of a Desert Storm group.

Desert_Storm_Group.jpg

#5 gunbarrel

gunbarrel
  • Members
  • 6,089 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 10:33 AM

It's one of these M9's...

Beretta_M9_Box.jpg

#6 gunbarrel

gunbarrel
  • Members
  • 6,089 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 10:35 AM

The bayonet is the scarce USMC-marked Buck issued in 1991 to the Marine Corps.

Desert_Storm_Arrangement_Close_up_B.jpg

#7 gunbarrel

gunbarrel
  • Members
  • 6,089 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 11:04 AM

IMHO, this is one of the most dramatic photos of the Iraq War. Marine 1st Sgt. Bradley A. Kasal in Fallujah, on 14 Nov 2004 holding on to his Beretta.

Marine_1st_Sgt._Bradley_A._Kasal_Fallujah__Iraq_14_Nov_2004.jpg

#8 hawkdriver

hawkdriver
  • Members
  • 7,962 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 12:00 PM

Here is my issue 9mm that I patterned my personal 9mm after. I took these pictures while on the bus driving around Udari before we went in country.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I didn't have my laser grips yet. Also, we weren't allowed to have a mag in the well, so the nice thing about the coil lanyards is that if you fold the coil in half, it would fit nicely in the mag well and be out of the way.

#9 gunbarrel

gunbarrel
  • Members
  • 6,089 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 01:30 PM

Hawkdriver,

Thanks for sharing those photos of the real thing from the field. :thumbsup: I noticed the foam earplug at the muzzle end of the barrel to keep sand out.

#10 hawkdriver

hawkdriver
  • Members
  • 7,962 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 02:29 PM

Yep, works well in the birdcage of the M4 as well.

#11 SKIPH

SKIPH
  • Members
    • Member ID: 7,773
  • 2,485 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 03:13 PM

Hawkdriver- Nice pics of your M9. I hope they are serving everyone in uniform well. I still have mixed feelings abound turning our M1911s in for M9s in 1987. We brought em new out of the box "down South", fired a bunch of ammo. Then started getting radio traffic saying the slides were flying off after 3000 rounds, then the next day, 700 rounds. That's about how many we had each fired familiarizing ourselves with the weapon. Took the fun out of breaking them in. We didn't fire them again that trip. But we did keep carrying them. SKIP

#12 hawkdriver

hawkdriver
  • Members
  • 7,962 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 05:48 PM

Did anyone's slide actually come off or that is what you were told as to why no more ammo? That whole slide thing was because they were testing the pistols with sub-machine gun ammo. Also why the designation went from F to FS, the S meaning safety. They put the big wheel in the frame to jam the slide if it tries coming off the back.

#13 blitzkrieg gsd

blitzkrieg gsd
  • Members
    • Member ID: 10,550
  • 676 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 09:09 PM

Hawk nice rig I like the way you rebuilt your service gun for your collection super cool. The deal with the slides had to do with the high pressure ammo in test. You are rite about that part and that was a lot of round and a lot of hard test done to that pistol. The slides where built better down the road from the first ones so I dought well hear anymore of those problems. Looks like your unit put a lot of use into them you have any problems or hear of any? I own one myself a real early fs and I love it my dad to and we are both 45 guys. Hell my grandfather a ww2 ranger even claimed it as his home defense gun and keep it in his bedroom to the day he left us. Once Pap gave is approval I knew it was a good pistol lol.

#14 Brian Keith

Brian Keith
  • Members
    • Member ID: 1,549
  • 1,956 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 11:38 PM

P6140095.jpg

Here is a shot of me visiting a school we assisted here in Khost provence, Afghanistan. You can see my pistol in the Blackhawk holster, my M4 is attached and hanging down off of my IOTV. The head maser is on the right. He has not been a good steward of what the US provided for his school. I have free use of my hands but both weapons are very accessible. The SECFOR are ALWAYS very close. Yes, the helmet strap is a bit crooked. When you’re bouncing around in the back of your Cougar MRAP, with the threat of IED’s, you want to keep your helmet on tight (I do anyway). So I tighten it up occasionally during the trip, and it may get a bit crooked. I’m talking so I look goofy at the moment the photo was taken.You can see one of my linguists over my shoulder.
MSG BKW

#15 Brian Keith

Brian Keith
  • Members
  • 1,956 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 12:20 AM

P7220422.jpg

Here is a closer up shot of the one I carry every day, and will for about ten more months. You may notice that the lower magazine is a commercially made one, I brought it from home. It came with the Beretta like ‘Gunbarrel’ showed that I purchased to train with prior to deployment.
MSG BKW

#16 Brian Keith

Brian Keith
  • Members
  • 1,956 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 12:31 AM

P7220442.jpg

Here it is “accessorized”. I usually wear it in the Blackhawk hip holster. The Blackhawk holsters are great as far as I’m concerned. Holds it securely and draws very quickly with gloves on. A lot of soldiers use them. It shows the commercial magazine out of the weapon and an issue military one in the well. The odd magazine and cartridge is one I “acquired” and obviously does not fit the M9!

#17 Brian Keith

Brian Keith
  • Members
  • 1,956 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 12:39 AM

P7220438.jpg

This type of locally made holster is very popular also. I wear it on my belt when I’m outside the wire, so when/if I downgrade my equipment, I still wear my pistol. My job requires meeting with various government and other local officials, once the area is cleared by the SECFOR, we may take off our PPE and conduct business more comfortably. It seems a lot of women like this holster also. As an aside, women with guns are sexy! PM me if anyone is interested in one of the Afghanistan made holsters. I can probably buy and send one to the US for $25. A lot of people wear locally purchased shoulder holsters. The advantage is most having pouches for two spare magazines on the opposite side, the down side is, I don’t see how it can be drawn quickly with one hand. Most I’ve seen aren’t attached to the belt, just hang down. I carry a spare magazine in a MOLLIE pouch hanging on my pants belt when I don’t have my “kit” on. I brought some of the old green magazine pouches with the M1957 metal clips (I think that is what they are called) and wore one of those on my belt, but the metal clips were hard on the belt and pants, so I switched to the MOLLIE pouch.
MSG BKW

#18 Brian Keith

Brian Keith
  • Members
  • 1,956 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 12:44 AM

P7220431.jpg

Here is another shot with various locally made insignia I wear. People think I’m odd that I purchased and wear embroidery shop insignia. One of my female co-workers even asked me if I needed some (US made) one’s because these looked funny. I tried to explain about “Theatre Made” insignia, but they don’t “get it”. That is OK.
Hope you enjoyed these photo's.
MSG BKW

#19 gunbarrel

gunbarrel
  • Members
  • 6,089 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 01:40 AM

MSG Williamson,

Thanks for a very interesting and informative post. Good luck to you! :thumbsup:

#20 Brian Keith

Brian Keith
  • Members
  • 1,956 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 01:47 AM

Gunbarrel,
Your welcome, so far, my team and I are having a good deployment. Others nearby haven't.
MSG BKW

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

In Memory of Co-Founder GREG MILLS ROBINSON, a.k.a. "Marine-KaBar"
(February 17, 1949 - March 5, 2011)