Need to comment this stamp

capt.maddog

capt.maddog

Hi

i'am need to comment for vietnam jungle jacket is mint conditions . It have logo eagle stamp under neck white tag . this special make ? thx.

vietnam002.jpg

Might be a logo a Surplus/Army Navy Store ?, I,ve seen this in the past, some stores insist on stamping all items with their store marking, one suce place was the old Trader surpus store on Canal Street here in NYC, here a small pineapple grenade was stamped on so many original items, leggings, Jackets, Labels of Caps etc, you name it, it was to say the least very infuriating, I once commented on this to the owner, JERK he was indeed, just didn,t get it, a little Grenade stamp on the very clean White label of an unissed M44 Field cap, right on the nomenclature as to make the date unreadable, HUH, come on already with this .

some stores insist on stamping all items with their store marking

Just a tad off-topic but I went to a surplus store once here in Houston and found mint M1967 20 round pouches, along with near mint M1956 ammo pouches.

The owner or an employee had price marked them with a freakin' permanent black magic marker right across the front in huge numbers.

Figure that one out.

Amazing how or why some surplus stores mark items.

I do believe this would be the first time I'm seeing this kind of stamp on a uniform or equipment item, a member said it sometimes is seen on weapons, which weapons ? Does anybody else have an uniform item that has this stamp on it, or an official image of this stamp, just for compairson. It may very well be a Store stamp MIMICING an official stamp. While this coat is a genuine item, we've all seen this sort of phonyed up stamps done as novelty badges and markings, like on junk from say Old Navy and places like that.