8 replies to this topic

#1 Nick

Nick
  • Members
    • Member ID: 421
  • 2,320 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 12:02 PM

Hi Guys
Need some help on this one. I received this medal box in a ww1 medal grouping I bought. And this box was in it with a victory medal in it. Which I think is wrong ? I think another early medal came in this box. Which one I don"t know. So I can use some answers on indentifiying this box from some help on the forum.
Nick

Attached Images

• Medal_Box.jpg

#2 Nick

Nick
  • Members
  • 2,320 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 12:02 PM

2nd

Attached Images

• Medal_Box1.jpg

#3 Nick

Nick
  • Members
  • 2,320 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 12:04 PM

3rd
Size is 4" by 2". haft inch thick

Attached Images

• Medal_Box2.jpg

#4 IMPERIAL QUEST

IMPERIAL QUEST
  • Members
    • Member ID: 1,000
  • 3,923 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 12:30 PM

Hi Nick,

Don't know for sure but possibly Spanish American War period? I seem to remember seeing a Cuban Occupation Medal in a box like this once.

#5 KASTAUFFER

KASTAUFFER

• Moderators
    • Member ID: 105
  • 12,487 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 01:22 PM

Normally early campaign medal boxes have a label with the name of the medal and the number on it ( on the top or bottom of the box ) . I am not talking about the boxes from the 30's with the label on the end. I think its a foreign box , or just a box of unknown use.

Kurt

#6 bobgee

bobgee

• Moderators
    • Member ID: 503
  • 6,194 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 04:03 PM

I b elieve this aboxfor the WWI French Croix de Guerre. Was there one in the group?
Bobgee

#7 JBFloyd

JBFloyd
  • Members
    • Member ID: 293
  • 1,933 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 04:21 PM

Concur with Bob.

#8 Nick

Nick
  • Members
  • 2,320 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 05:32 PM

Bob and Jeff
I did get a french croix guerre medal in the group. Never dawned on me. Since I never new what it was for,or what medal it went with. Good Detective work guys. Does any one have a better example?Sometimes I get groups with so much stuff . Its hard to remember what goes with what. Maybe the women I got the group put the wrong medal in the wrong box.Its a awsome silver star groupit came with.
Regards Nick

#9 Mark M

Mark M
  • Members
    • Member ID: 569
  • 2,471 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 03:27 PM

Forum members:

You are in the MEDALS & DECORATIONS "Reference Section". This area is where posts from the general Medals & Decorations "discussion section" (http://www.usmilitar.....?showforum=83) are moved for permanent retention and education about the history of the various U.S. medals and military decorations.

As time moves forward, some of these posts may have additional information added to them by the moderators of this section. We ask for your input as well, especially in the correction of any erroneous information that may have inadvertently be posted..

We encourage further comments about this post and its content. In order to do so, you will need to start a new post in the general Medals & Decorations "discussion section" (here: http://www.usmilitar.....?showforum=83). And, as needed, we will be pleased to move any new and / or valued information that is derived from your post (and subsequent comments) into this reference area as its own standing post.

Please be advised: posting and / or editing is restricted on this post to moderator's and forum staff.

Sincerely,
Chris / ADMIN

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users