I just saved a navy photograph!!

Manchu Warrior

Manchu Warrior

I was at my moms house and I noticed that she had some of my deceased grand mother's photos out. I found this photo in a pile she had put aside. My uncle was in the navy for a couple of years during the 1950's and then he enlisted in the army and retired after 22 years of service. My grand mom joined the Navy Mothers sometime while her son was in the Navy and she was a lifer. This is an official U.S. Navy photo with my grand mother and another member of the Navy Mom's with eleven officer's that were assigned to ten different ships. I am not sure were the photo was taken but I assume it was in Florida were my grand mom lived. When I saw this photo I ask my mom if I could have it and she said that she was just about to clip her mother out of the photo and trash the rest of the photo. I told my mom I would make a copy of the photo and clip her mom out of it and I would keep the original. The photo may be no big deal but I am glad that I was able to rescue a piece of my personal family history and I think its pretty cool to have a photo of grand mom with a bunch of navy officers.

post-1412-1201195961.jpg