#1 gwb123

gwb123

ADMINISTRATOR

• Administrators
    • Member ID: 1,506
  • 17,108 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 07:18 PM

Just a reminder for everyone...

Posts that are made on the Latest Finds and Acquisitions forum have a life expectancy of 30 days!

If you have posted something that is truly rare, unusual and exciting, please think about posting it directly to one of the specific forums. Otherwise your well written description and super cool photographs will be gone in a month.

We've kept the Latest Finds and Acquisitions forum open because we realize that after a long weekend at the gunshow/ militairia show/ antique mall/ flea market or rummaging through grandma's attic or barn, sometimes it's just too much to do a full blown thread.

Also, some folks seem to be blessed with coming home with militaria measured by the ton. So if you want to take a quick snapshot of that massive unsorted pile sitting in the living room before your dog or kids or significant other trips over it, have at it.

But for the really cool stuff, or if you only have one or two items to begin with, please consider placing them in appropriate forums to begin with. That way, 30 days later you will know where to find it and we will all be able to share in it for decades to come!

Thanks for the contributions that make this website worth a visit every night!

#2 RustyCanteen

RustyCanteen

ADMINISTRATOR

• Administrators
    • Member ID: 24,355
  • 15,471 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 08:45 AM

Just a reminder for everyone...

Posts that are made on the Latest Finds and Acquisitions forum have a life expectancy of 30 days!

Otherwise your well written description and super cool photographs will be gone in a month.

I thought that after 30 days the threads were moved into the appropriate section(s)? :think:

#3 teufelhunde.ret

teufelhunde.ret

• Moderators
    • Member ID: 376
  • 21,539 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 09:07 AM

I thought that after 30 days the threads were moved into the appropriate section(s)? :think:

Not any more - 30 days an a "toast"

#4 craig_pickrall

craig_pickrall

Deceased Forum Co-Founder

• IN MEMORIAM
    • Member ID: 5
  • 11,253 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 11:20 AM

I have been moving the keepers for the last couple of weeks. What is left now will be toast after they reach 30 days old. I try to move them on a daily basis to keep up.

#5 RustyCanteen

RustyCanteen

ADMINISTRATOR

• Administrators
    • Member ID: 24,355
  • 15,471 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 11:22 AM

Ok, I see.

Thanks for the repsonses, Daryl & Craig.

#6 gwb123

gwb123

ADMINISTRATOR

• Administrators
    • Member ID: 1,506
  • 17,108 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 06:07 PM

bump for the weekend crowd....

#7 vintageproductions

vintageproductions

ADMINISTRATOR

• Administrators
    • Member ID: 492
  • 15,907 posts

Posted 10 August 2019 - 06:15 PM

Please note, when we brought this section back we made it very clear that it would be 30 days and the posting is deleted and that if you wanted to save it also post in the appropriate section.

Starting today the deletions are starting.

Hate to see good threads get deleted but everyone was warned when we reopened this section.

#8 917601

• Members
    • Member ID: 180,924
  • 777 posts

Posted 10 August 2019 - 06:41 PM

Is it possible to move my MC1B parachute post directly into another category? Or do I have to start anew? I was going to add pics of it being unpacked ( it is an uncut, rigger packed chute).

#9 vintageproductions

vintageproductions

ADMINISTRATOR

• Administrators
    • Member ID: 492
  • 15,907 posts

Posted 10 August 2019 - 08:04 PM

Like was said when we re-opened this section, you can post it here, but if you want to save it, start a different thread in the appropriate section.

So, you would need to start a new thread.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users