WW2 Squadron Patch? ID: VT-37

Lackland82

manayunkman

I hope that the information provided can be of some help.

I am going to post the whole group in the groupings section.

I hope that the information provided can be of some help.

I am going to post the whole group in the groupings section.

Manayunkman, thanks for weighing in on this! That's the first positive ID'd group from the squadron that I've seen! Awesome group. I think it rules out any question about the WW2 version of the VF 37 squadron patch. In my opinion Lackland82's patch is most likely a VT 37 patch. Jeffro

Johnny Signor

I concur, the other patch is most likely for the VT-37 unit , it's great to have more than one person working on a search like this , I'm still waiting on my contact in Calif to let me knwo what he has on the design ................................

Will reply once I hear ..............................

I am just overwhelmed by the amount of information provided in this thread. I am working on getting the patch and will post when I get it in hand.

• 1 month later...
I am just overwhelmed by the amount of information provided in this thread. I am working on getting the patch and will post when I get it in hand.

Just checking to see if you were successful in picking this one up. Would like to get some good front and back scans if you did. Jeffro

• 7 months later...

Hello everyone. First of all, I am new hear and want to thank you for all the great information! My grandfather, Joe Galvin was on CVE-26 with Composite Air Group 37 where he operated a 50 cal on the Grumman Avenger. While I have found extensive research regarding the ship, I have found precious little on the Air Group. Would the VC patch have been the same as the one the poster asked about? If not, has anyone heard of 37? Did they have a nickname? A separate patch? Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Quinn

• 5 years later...

My father, Ensign Carl H. Lundahl was a TBM pilot in Torpedo Squadron 37 aboard CVE-26, USS Sangamon. He rarely talked about his experiences during that time, except for the humorous stories. I do remember him telling me when I was quite young that, in addition to dropping torpedoes and bombs from his TBM, they also trained with and used unguided rockets fired from the wings. I recently found this patch in his personal military items that seems to be similar to the patch that you gentlemen are wondering about.

Hope this helps

Charlie569

post-179299-0-04014100-1537125819_thumb.jpg