Amazing Vietnam Helicopter Door Gunner Group

manayunkman

manayunkman
Just super! there can't be many who were able to bring home back so much gear? thanks for sharing.

Matt.

Matt,

When I got the first installment of this group, many years ago, there were tons of duplicate jungle jackets and other pieces. Many never used. I didn't see the need to keep it and used it to off set the cost.

Glad you like it.

M

manayunkman
It is a WOW grouping!! :thumbsup:

Thanks JS. I am thrilled to own it but it might have to go.

manayunkman

Here is a picture of " Skip " holding his M-60. He looks so young like Dennis the Menace. He is just a kid.

Notice the rocket pods and mini guns. These were on both sides. They were ready to TEAR IT UP !!

post-51189-1339539107.jpg

manayunkman

Details of the flight suite. You can see the shadows of officers shoulder insignia. He wasn't the first owner of this suite. NOTICE This is straight from the vet. Look at the different shades of wear of the insignia. Some look mint some look used. He put this together in Nam.

post-51189-1339539231.jpg

manayunkman

' Skip " in the 25th ID. Photo of Viet Cong. Many photos have captions on the back. This is the least horrific one. I will not post the others as they cast a bad light.

post-51189-1339540082.jpg

post-51189-1339540091.jpg

vietvet7071

That is a great one of a kind grouping.

In response to the comment in Post #32 - All of us Vietnam Vets were just kids over there. So long ago, now.