• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 everforward

everforward
  • Members
    • Member ID: 8,237
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 12:32 PM

I have had this magazine for about 15 years, and can't really remember how I got it...it may have been in a mag pouch or I got it in a trade...I held on to it after getting rid of my .45 collection because of what I 'thought' it may be, and I really do think that it is just that.

I have yet to see a pic from any knowlegeable source of another M1911 mag made by the Raymond Engineering Co....no pics of this maker in any of Clawson's books or Meadows's books, so I took some myself. Some post production totals as low as approx. 4100 made, where others put the totals up to around 12,000-15,000.

Everyone I've read who has written about .45 Colt Automatics from WW1 and WW2 has stated that this magazine is identified by an 'R' marked on the bottom of the base, so here are the pics to show the magazine and the 'R' mark on the bottom.

So there you have it, what to all of you think,,? Opinions, please....I'd like to know at least one other person who owns one, LOL... :lol:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y231/leftybass/IMG_0311.jpg

...And the marking (the R is upsidedown)

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y231/leftybass/IMG_0312.jpg

#2 hink441

hink441
  • Members
    • Member ID: 10,825
  • 4,736 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 04:21 AM

I certainly have never seen one. I appreciate you posting the pictures. I will have to keep an eye out for these now. I really was totally unaware of this manufacturer. Thanks for the lesson!!

Chris

#3 everforward

everforward
  • Members
    • Member ID: 8,237
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 05:21 AM

I certainly have never seen one. I appreciate you posting the pictures. I will have to keep an eye out for these now. I really was totally unaware of this manufacturer. Thanks for the lesson!!

Chris

Thanks Chris. I had held off posting about it until now, and getting my blued 1911A1 has given me a little bit of the fever again---and after re-reading what Clawson, Scott Meadows and others have said about these magazines I believe that I have the real deal; it seems to conform to the details these guys give when writing about them.

I need to read about the contract info on this magazine too, for the production totals quoted by people vary a great deal but are mighty scarce by anyone's numbers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users