Things we collect...That have a military connection

doyler

General Apathy

I think we all have a few items we have all picked up over the years which may not have a military look to them but are connected to the military one way or another.I want to start the post off with a couple items I have.

Pretty plain looking but these are significant items used here locally.

attachicon.gif2012_04170001.JPG

Hi Ron, not directly an issue item, but certainly used by US Servicemen during WWII, four unused bottles of Coca-Cola dated either 42/43 I found here in Normandy.

cheers lewis.

.post-344-0-33475400-1580218506_thumb.jpg

General Apathy

I think we all have a few yems we all have picked up over the years which may not have a military look to them but are connected to the military one way or another.I want to start the post off with a couple items I have.

Pretty plain looking but these are significant items used here locally.

attachicon.gif2012_04170001.JPG

Hi Ron, not certain if this fits your criteria or not, not a military issued item but has military connections regarding the images used on these ceramic tiles used for kitchen, or bathroom use during WWII.

cheers Lewis.

.post-344-0-45786400-1580219112_thumb.jpeg

Great thread I somehow seem to have missed........

I don't know if this fits the bill but I (also ^_^) collect ww2 playing cards and since I'm not averse to playing a game or two myself they also come in handy.

post-169612-0-44008200-1580314047_thumb.jpg post-169612-0-34608200-1580314082_thumb.jpg

post-169612-0-20707800-1580314196.jpg

Rene

TO Any member here interested in AAFES POGS / MPC's !!! I have several thousands of POGS Available for Trade ... Most of my POGS are Circulated, very lightly used, I have completed my 3 sets for my daughters and have also helped other folks interested in the AAFES pogs/MPC's complete theirs. Let 2020 be the Year you finish yours.

There are 533 different Pogs produced as of the NOV 2017 last printing.

Although AAFES officials say they never intended for the pogs to become a collectors item, that is exactly what has happened. Servicemembers as well as Civilians working in the contingency areas are saving the cardboard circles as souvenirs of their tours of duty or as additions to their personal collections of military memorabilia.

AAFES POGS UPDATE>> Nov 2017 AAFES released a new printing , the 16th printing dated 2017. These Pogs are already showing up in the secondary market as of Nov 2017:

1. One complete set of 533 Pogs >>> Face Value $ 75.05

2. There are 34 OIF Pogs, 33 OEF Pogs and 2 OND Pogs

3. The 11th Printing has the most Pogs > 39

4. The 8th and 12th Printing have the least Pogs> 26

5. Three Printings Have no Nickels >> 8th,12th, and 13th.

FOR Sale or Trade>> I have 2594 nickels .... 2511 dimes ... 2809 Quarters ... PM me with your needs and lets get those sets complete !! Over 7900 spare Pogs.

General Apathy

I think we all have a few gems we all have picked up over the years which may not have a military look to them but are connected to the military one way or another.I want to start the post off with a couple items I have.

attachicon.gif

Hi Ron, as you know living in Normandy I ' collect ' or should I say take comparison shots of WWII military scenes here in Normandy. In this post a wartime shot I found, and today's comparison will be in the following post, images being too large to get into one post.

lewis

.post-344-0-31271400-1580641261.jpg

General Apathy

Hi Ron, as you know living in Normandy I ' collect ' or should I say take comparison shots of WWII military scenes here in Normandy. In the previous post a wartime shot I found, and the comparison in this shot.

lewis

.post-344-0-86309300-1580641489.jpg

General Apathy

Hi Ron, as you know living in Normandy I ' collect ' or should I say take comparison shots of WWII military scenes here in Normandy. In this post a wartime shot I found, and today's comparison will be in the following post, images being too large to get into one post.

lewis

A shot of Eisenhower, Bradley and Collins stood outside a chateau that they used as a Headquarters building post D-Day.

lewis

.post-344-0-96488200-1580642038_thumb.jpeg

General Apathy

A shot of Eisenhower, Bradley and Collins stood outside a chateau that they used as a Headquarters building post D-Day.

lewis

.attachicon.giffullsizeoutput_4054.jpeg

The same chateau door as it still appears currently . . . . . . . .

lewis.

.post-344-0-87318400-1580642152.jpeg