The Messenger - 10th Mountain Division

26502528.jpgthemessenger005.jpg

Harts War - Big Red One

swar008.jpg

Saints and Soldiers - 101st Airbourne

9455c.jpg

Harrison Ford wearing the RANGER diamond in Force 10 from Navarone. Robert

Harrison Ford was never that young....was he?! :w00t:

The 172nd Infantry Brigade in "World War III" TV miniseries. You can watch the whole thing on Youtube. Some neat combat scenes in it..... Not exactly a military haircut on the good Lieutenant Colonel's head.....

-Ski

Nice hairdo on soul, :lol: I was up in the AK when this flic came out, we all watched it T.V. indeed I think all of Fort Wainwright and Forts Richardson and Greely watched it I know that the Boys in 4/9 Inf all thought it was a stinkeroo.

From the opening sequence of "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull"....US 15th Army...just visible!

post-8022-1338723232.jpg

Here's The Great One Jackie Gleeson at M/Sgt Slaughter and his Side Kick Steve Mc Queen as Sgt Clay in the 1963 movie Soldier in the Rain, Gleeson's charactor wears a 24th Division Combat patch presumably for WWII service he does have Korean war service ribbons but I gather he was serving in a Non Infantry MOS during that war as he lacks the 2nd Award of the CIB, while at the end of the movie we see McQueens charactor when wearing the Khaki uniform coat set is also a Combat Infantry Veteran, also with the 24th Division as a Combat Patch, though in this case he naturally is a Young Korean War E-5 Vet, and only has ribbons for that recent ( by 1963 standards) war.This movie was shot in the Hot Summer of 1963 entirely at Fort Ord and the surrounding off post area and was released that November.

post-34986-1338746975.jpg

Two from Men in War, Robert Ryan the 24th Infantry Division Platoon leader, in the one we see him wearing the inaccurate 2nd Award of the Combat Infantryman Badge, this was pointed out somewhere else in another forum, maybe Qualification Badges, as this movie takes place early September 1950 when U.S. Forces were retreating towards Pusan, the 2nd Award of CIB as we know was not around at that time being only adopted on 8 February 1952. The next guy is Nehemiah Persoff who plays the Platoon Sergeant, he obvisously is a Combat experienced NCO with service in WWII, but towards the middle of the movie goes off his rocker from flash backs from the Big War and the stress of the current seemily hopeless sitiuation his Platoon is in. Note the nice post war use of the SFC ranks painted on the front of the steel pot, and the use of the helmet net however accurate or inaccurate that might of been.

post-34986-1338748672.jpg

post-34986-1338748713.jpg

The next two from Men in War, the second ( dowdloaded them out of order) is a rather blury one with the old 1st Cavalry Division Colonel, shell shocked, one his staff an NCO played Aldo Ray has straped him into a Jeep seat, of note is the use of Marine Corps covers by both Ryan and the Colonel, this will be apparent in other stills from this movie, in that you will see the seams down the front. In the first one, here we see the 1st Cav patch on the crazed Aldo Ray giving a butt to a North Korean, right before he shoots him or something happens where he shot, can't remember. I do remember the one scene where Rays charactor sees a group of soldiers in GI uniforms with GI weapons on a hill top, and kills them all saying their Gooks, the Platoon leader ( Ryan says WHAT ARE YOU DOING or something to that affect as Ray kills them) the dead Troops roll down the hill and we see they are korean which justifies Rays action HELLO ! they were most likely ROK'S ! funny they did'nt mention that at all in the movie that South Korean troops wore U.S. uniforms and carried M1s and Carbines and BARs :think:

post-34986-1338750139.jpg

post-34986-1338750148.jpg

The 101st Airborne Division can be seen in this still from the 1956 movie Screaming Eagles, the actor, Tom Tyron, this movie was discussed awhile back in the movie forum.

post-34986-1338752513.jpg

IS PARIS BURNING ? The 1966 epic. Here we see the two 4th Division GIs, I believe they were from the 4th Reconaissance Troop Mecz, Sgt Warren played by Anthony Perkins and his buddie a Private named Charlie played by Skip Ward, as per usual we see the ubiquitous M2 Carbines that were forever being used in War Movies from the post war period well into the 80s, as wearing the M43 Field Jacket instead of the more accurate M41,plus Charlie has the post 1952 bracket chin straps on his pot.

This still is one that was taken right before Sgt Warren is killed by a sniper's bullet as he lets his guard down by daydreaming and fantasizing about always wanting to vist Paris as he sips a glass of wine handed to him by a happy barkeep, I always thought this was a sad scene, and for some reason always moved by it.

post-34986-1338754902.jpg

Sgt Bilko the Movie. With Phil Hartman as Maj. Colin Thorn wearing the 11TH ACR patch. Robert

What kind of Armored Division patch is that :lol: Aykroyd looks like he's wearing a phony patch, JC look and see where you found this image and see if they have ones better ones with Aykroyd and this patch, if it is a dummy patch, post the image in the Hollywood phony patch topic.

Dan Aykroyd wearing the 69th Infantry patch in Sgt Bilko. Robert

69th Division Combat patch ? this movie was made in 1996, WOW :lol: that would mean Aykyoyd's charactor has been in the Army for well over 50 years, and he doesn't look a day over 40 :w00t:

I'll bet though the use of the 69th Infantry Division patch was mirely a doff of the hat to the old Bilko T.V. series where that patch was the patch that was worn by Bliko and company

Thanks patches, This was a really good idea for a thread. Allot of these movies I haven't seen.

Everyman's War - 94th Infantry Division

6dd1edf3efab24c000f8f9f.jpgmv5bmte4mzu4mteznf5bml5.jpg