6th Armored Cav Regiment, 7th US Army M-1951 Jacket

Nkomo

I picked this M-1951 jacket up this morning. I have owned several M-1951 jackets over the years, but this is the only one that is fully patched.

Got the 7th Army patch on the sleeve and a 6th Armored Cav Regiment patch on the pocket.

Interestingly, it has a green and yellow name tape. From what I understand, the yellow tapes signified Cavalry. I have had similar uniforms from this time period that had red name tapes and was told that indicated Artillery.

Size of the jacket is Regular Medium. Can anyone put a specefic date as to when this would have been used? I'm thinking mid to late 50's.

010.JPG

Yes but not after 1957, it was then the unit was transferred back to America, and stationed at Knox, the unit was inactivated in 1963 at Knox ( It was reactivated again in 1967 at Meade), the color of the tape was the new branch color of both Armor and Cavalry units starting in sometime in theearly 50s.

Yes but not after 1957, it was then the unit was transferred back to America, and stationed at Knox, the unit was inactivated in 1963 at Knox ( It was reactivated again in 1967 at Meade), the color of the tape was the new branch color of both Armor and Cavalry units starting in sometime in theearly 50s.

Thanks very much, Patches.