War Movie Posters.

patches

history-buff1944

post-34986-0-51761100-1357679831_thumb.jpg

Very nice photo, boy Gregory Peck's Tricorn Hat and Coat look like orignals from the late 18th Century dont they? they have that "AGED" look about them.

Thank you and they sure do. Also, I know the Gent who owns that very tricorn cap. He is the one who gave me that Ben Johnson as Sergeant Chillum still. He knows im a big Ben Johnson fan being he was a Texan too ;-))

• 1 month later...
history-buff1944

This is a fun movie, I watching it later tonight, it's only available on VHS at this time.

post-34986-0-63293500-1360730474.jpg

Great poster from an all too rarely shown movie. I cant recall correctly but--I THINK it has now been released on DvD either through the Warner Brothers Archives or through Olive Films.

Great poster from an all too rarely shown movie. I cant recall correctly but--I THINK it has now been released on DvD either through the Warner Brothers Archives or through Olive Films.

Thank's for the update Biff, thats good, it will be of help for others interested in getting it, alittle to late for me I,m afraid,I as mentioned have on VHS, so far I,m happy with it in this format. Incidently alot of the photos you posted in this topic have been removed, just thought you needed to know.

• 2 weeks later...
history-buff1944

An Original poster for Pork Chop Hill.

post-34986-0-51938300-1361598592.jpg

Great poster. I have a complete set of Lobby Cards to the movie as well as numerous rarer type broderless stills.

Great poster. I have a complete set of Lobby Cards to the movie as well as numerous rarer type broderless stills.

Buff, would you be adverse to posting the borderless Pork Chop Hill stills here? if so it will be well appreciated given the popularity of this movie with many members.

history-buff1944

Buff, would you be adverse to posting the borderless Pork Chop Hill stills here? if so it will be well appreciated given the popularity of this movie with many members.

Hi Patches, your wish is my command. I would have said this in that post but was talking on the phone at the time. Also, you might not believe this but, just this afternoon, I actually had a nice conversation with Colonel Joseph G. Clemens himself.He is going to be autographing a still or two for me which ill mailing out to him this week. He and his wife were very gracious and a pleasure to speak with. He said he might be able to find an image of him when he was on Pork Chop, to also send my way. Let me tell you, it was a big thrill and a great priviledge to speak with he and his wife. :-))

Great photos as usuall Buff, Thank's for posting them. Speaking of Joe Clemmons, I,ve been sitting on these two images I found by accident for about a month and a half, I think now is the appropiate time to post them.

On the set, the now Captain Clemmons currently of the 101st Abn Div, show his alter self the Army Way.

post-34986-0-39858600-1362372017.jpg

And this one, here we see that no description is needed.

post-34986-0-94309600-1362372027.jpg

post-34986-0-08908000-1362378960.jpg

You know I just discovered that the Black actor who we see here above, The King Company Runner, is none other than Clarence Wiliams III of Mod Squad fame in his very first acting role, it was uncredited so that.s why I and I,m sure other,s really knew this was him, Ah the wonders of the internet post-34986-0-49938600-1362379230.jpg.

Williams circa 1968-70, love that Fro :D

post-34986-0-23598500-1362379077.jpg

history-buff1944

Great photos as usuall Buff, Thank's for posting them. Speaking of Joe Clemmons, I,ve been sitting on these two images I found by accident for about a month and a half, I think now is the appropiate time to post them.

On the set, the now Captain Clemmons currently of the 101st Abn Div, show his alter self the Army Way.

post-34986-0-39858600-1362372017.jpg

And this one, here we see that no description is needed.

post-34986-0-94309600-1362372027.jpg

Thank you for these as well. These are excellent. He said he will also include an image or two of him on Pork Chop Hill just after the battle. I dont want to ask more of him unless he indicates its OK? but--I will send along about 3-4 questions too. I just bought two more borderless stills of PCH this afternoon. Cost me plenty but well worth it. Ill post those two tomorrow. I went through most of my collection last night and didnt realize how few PCH stills I have. Also, I have wordless and borderless PCH Lobby Cards too-that I had completely forgotten about. I dont have a way to post them yet--but will work in it.

A few (among many) things im greatly interested in knowing--is more about Lt. Suki Ohashi as well as his Brother in Law Lt. Walt Russel. Im also going to see if he can tell me where I might be able to get a listing of the names of the men from "K" Company who went up PCH with him. I will be also showing some of my thanks by giving he and his wife something for their kindness and help. I have to wait till I hear from his wife what the Colonel likes-and I know neither is expecting anything but--I cant ask and not give something back.

history-buff1944

Just noticed--good eye you have. I would have never known that was he. The only black actor I recognized in the movie is: Woody Strode--whom im a big fan of.

I got a Fort Levenworth Command & General Staff school yearbook for 1962 that has Walter B. Russell Inf as a Graduate of that institution, in these type books back then not sure if they still do it, the officers family was also photographed with the officer, his Wife is named Emily, so Emily must be Clemmons sister yes? or did Clemmons marry Russell's sister? He had as of 1962 three small children, heck in all these books that I have so far from the 50s and early 70s the overwhelming majority of officers had very large broods :lol: Russell has ( unfortunetely for us) affected the fashion of were no ribbons only his Qualification & Skill Badges ( some wore only there valor decorations with the afore mentioned badges) so here we can not see his fruit salad, ditto on the photo of him and his family, here it is an informal living room type snap shot with Russell in civvies with one of his children on his lap ( most of these photos are formal family portaits with the officer either in Class A or Blue Uniform)

Just noticed--good eye you have. I would have never known that was he. The only black actor I recognized in the movie is: Woody Strode--whom im a big fan of.

History-Buff, I,m suprised :lol: You did not recognize the great James Edwards? he played the Corporal name Jurgens, remember? Clemmons told him to keep an eye on Strode's charactor.

post-34986-0-73072500-1362544271.jpg

history-buff1944

I got a Fort Levenworth Command & General Staff school yearbook for 1962 that has Walter B. Russell Inf as a Graduate of that institution, in these type books back then not sure if they still do it, the officers family was also photographed with the officer, his Wife is named Emily, so Emily must be Clemmons sister yes? or did Clemmons marry Russell's sister? He had as of 1962 three small children, heck in all these books that I have so far from the 50s and early 70s the overwhelming majority of officers had very large broods :lol: Russell has ( unfortunetely for us) affected the fashion of were no ribbons only his Qualification & Skill Badges ( some wore only there valor decorations with the afore mentioned badges) so here we can not see his fruit salad, ditto on the photo of him and his family, here it is an informal living room type snap shot with Russell in civvies with one of his children on his lap ( most of these photos are formal family portaits with the officer either in Class A or Blue Uniform)

Hi Patches, this is excellent. Also, ill be adding some of this info to my first letter to him and he is already amazed at what I found out.

I dont know who is whoms Sister? but ill ask that as well. Ill bet that will impress him even more ;-)) Oh and, im going too tell him about this site--you never know when or who will look at it? Several years ago on another site--I had German Knights Cross Recipients--uboat and Waffen SS guys looking at a site I told them about and two even joined because I asked. However, that was about 10 or so years ago and all of them have since passed away.

I dont know if they still do books like that but--I do know that at Camp Mabry in Austin--they had books containing to every man who served in certain Infantry Divisions in WWII. I want the one for the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 36th and a few others--but these are VERY pricey.

history-buff1944

History-Buff, I,m suprised :lol: You did not recognize the great James Edwards? he played the Corporal name Jurgens, remember? Clemmons told him to keep an eye on Strode's charactor.

post-34986-0-73072500-1362544271.jpg

Tell you the truth, I never knew "Jurgens" real name but--did like him in that movie. He's a good Actor. I recognized most everyone else from of course, Peck and Shibata, to Carl-Benton Reid, Harry Dean Stanton, Geo Peppard, Harry Guardino, Bobby Blake, Norman Fell, the guy who played: Captain Merrill Stubing on the Love Boat, and several others. I also recognized several character Actors who mostly only saw screen time making Westerns as well as a few stuntmen who were extras--like at least one of Yakima Canutts Sons and at least one of Jack Elams Sons.

Tell you the truth, I never knew "Jurgens" real name but--did like him in that movie. He's a good Actor. I recognized most everyone else from of course, Peck and Shibata, to Carl-Benton Reid, Harry Dean Stanton, Geo Peppard, Harry Guardino, Bobby Blake, Norman Fell, the guy who played: Captain Merrill Stubing on the Love Boat, and several others. I also recognized several character Actors who mostly only saw screen time making Westerns as well as a few stuntmen who were extras--like at least one of Yakima Canutts Sons and at least one of Jack Elams Sons.

I look forward to your stuff on Russell. In all honesty I can't remember if Edwards charactor is called Jurgens, I as far as I can recall, he was not called by his charactors last name, Clemmons (Peck) I think only addresses him as Corporal, I only got the heads up as it were that Jurgens was his last name from the IMDB site on Pork Chop, this is common right, many supporting charactors in movies and even in some cases T.V. are given names whether full or only last names by screen writers even when they do not write the charactors names into the script.

I dont know if they still do books like that but--I do know that at Camp Mabry in Austin--they had books containing to every man who served in certain Infantry Divisions in WWII. I want the one for the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 36th and a few others--but these are VERY pricey.

Your above quote that I copied and pasted about the books, can you go in to more detail, for instance are when are these books from etc? Photo books, only roster books?

• 2 weeks later...

From the 1946 film version of a wartime stage musical, note we see Sid Ceaser is in it, he was in the Coast Guard, and was in the original stage version while in uniform.

A tribute to the U.S. Coast Guard.

post-34986-0-10324000-1363924338.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
history-buff1944

Just scored this complete and original release lobby card set for: The Tanks Are Coming w/ Steve Cochran, George O'Hanlon, James Dobson, Paul Picerni and Phil Carey.

21112.jpg