The Centerpiece

Bugme

Tom Kibler

2/506 F Co. Ralph Provenzano

This fixed bail with Inland Jump liner is one of my top pieces. Rock Solid provenance to Provenzano, shell and liner ID'd to him. His widow provided several photos, one of which show the guys in his stick all having their helmets taped to their liners (as a fixed bail would be).

post-6293-1337693257.jpg

Provenzano is the one "not" wearing the helmet.

Terrific helmet. Is it me, or does the guy to his left (viewer's right) look like Elvis!? :w00t:

Thomas,

Simply simply simply amazing helmet! Thank you so much for sharing sir, take care! The others are great as well!!

@ Ian, he does a bit look like Elvis. It appears that he's singing as well in the picture :D. Elvis in 2/506 F. Co??? Superb photo btw! Love it.

Garandomatic

This 5th Div. man recieved the Silver Star for rescuing a downed pilot while under fire. Wounded twice as well, and the helmet may bear evidence of what had to have been a slight wound to his cheek, as the bullet's downward angle almost certainly would have made contact.

post-9670-1337723606.jpg

Terrific helmet. Is it me, or does the guy to his left (viewer's right) look like Elvis!? :w00t:

That's funny Sabre...I thought the same thing! Well he for sure is"taking care of business"!

TheGermanCollector

Hard one I love all my helmets.

My fixed winter camo that i stripped from post war paint.

post-11638-1337726926.jpg

Some wonderful helmets being shown here. Hope there are more to come! Scott, great idea.

Bill

Beau-Brummel

What an Incredible thread,

more stellar examples than one could see in many years of visiting museums or shows. Thank you all for such an amazing display.

I think most of you have seen my favourite and actually It's a cover as opposed to a helmet, does that still qualify?

After missing It on ebay, some good advice and then an Incredible stroke of luck I finally managed to put this In my collection. Originally sold by the veteran and photo provenanced this Is probably the last piece I'd sell If It came to It.

I hope you like It and I'm not boring you all by covering old ground.

Yours, Guy.

post-1781-1337763527.jpg

Since I collect modern items, this is the center of my helmet collection. Weird part about this helmet was that I bought it the exact same day that the man it memoralizes was killed by an IED in Iraq.

The helmet has some amazing tribal art work on it. On the front of the helmet is a stylized skull above the word DEATH. On the left side of the helmet is a stylized sun with the words WAR and PEACE written above it on opposite sides. The back portion of the helmet has a stylized scorpion with it's stinger dripping out what appears to be poison. On the right hand side of the helmet is written C-33.

This helmet belonged to a soldier in the 30th Infantry Brigade Combat Team, 1st Battalion, 150th Armor Regiment.

The Sgt. whose name was mentioned on the helmet as being KIA, was one of five casualities the brigade suffered during their deployment to Iraq. He was killed July 27, 2004 in Baladruz, Iraq when an IED went off near his vehicle.

dscn2449.jpg

Garandomatic

I can definitely dig that helmet cover.

I need to post some pictures of the dozen or so graffitti'd modern helmet covers I picked up at the surplus store.

Close up of the scorpion and RIP message.

A very cool personalized lid...but sad that he was KIA, but at least his memory is preserved by you.

A very cool personalized lid...but sad that he was KIA, but at least his memory is preserved by you.

Thanks, Ian. When I saw this helmet in the surplus shop and saw the RIP, I knew I had to buy it. I couldn't leave it there for an air-softer to buy and use in the field. Nothing wrong with air-soft, but a piece like this needs to be preserved for future generations.

I still find it odd that the helmet landed in my collection seven years to the day that Sgt. Talbert was killed in Iraq. Not saying it is "ooky-spooky" or anything, but just unusual.