Show us your Korean War uniforms!

GIl Sanow

This marine joined the during the Korean war but was never sent overseas. I have a picture of him wearing this uniform. He was USMCR. The marksman pin is correct.

post-736-1236718546.jpg

This veteran became a teacher after the war. He was assigned to the 20th Rocket FA BTRY. An 8th Army unit. Discharge lists the 2 Korea medals but not the National Defense Service Medal. Discharge dated 19 Jan 1953. 8th Army patch is Korean made bullion.

post-736-1236718935.jpg

Captainofthe7th

Awesome uniforms Bones, keep 'em coming! I wish I had some of these.

Btw, the middle bottom ribbon you asked about is the WWI Occupation ribbon. It's commonly seen on WWII uniforms for soldiers who went right into occupation duty; they and the PX saw that as the occupation ribbon, so they wore it.

Rob

I have always had an interest in Korea war era uniforms. For 1 when I started out there was very little interest in the Korean war and 2 the uniforms have some quality bullion patches on them that could be purchased fairly cheap. I have not forgetten them. Manner of fact I am currently reading the 1st Cavalry Korean Unit history. Here is a 8th Cavalry troopers uniform. DI's are Japanese made.

post-736-1236722029.jpg

This man was a replacement for the 2nd ID 2nd Engineer Combat Battalion. Joined the divison when they were sent home briefly after the Korean war.

post-736-1236722348.jpg

Picked up this one at an auction some time ago. Has the Korean Com Zone patch on the right in bullion along with the 8th Army also in Korean made bullion.

post-736-1236722500.jpg

Captainofthe7th

Now that's interesting....I would say the para badge is added but the rest is all good.

Unless this is a uniform worn by the one stick of 40th ID paratroopers that made a secret midnight drop into China during the Korean War! xD

Rob

This guy must have wanted everyone to know he was in Korea. Served with the 24th ID and then with the 9th FA battalion of the 3rd ID. Has red trimmed everything with an unauthorize combat artillery badge. If only his CO could see him now.

post-736-1236722993.jpg

Captainofthe7th

THAT is the cream of the crop. I love the unauthorized badge and the shoulder cord and the disk backings....wow.

Rob