• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 AAF_Collection

AAF_Collection
  • Members
    • Member ID: 61,896
  • 2,228 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 04:47 AM

I wonder if anyone can help me,I have been looking at deactivated/demilled Browning.50's which have been,according to the seller "demilled to German specification" and I was wondering if anyone can explain exactly what this involves,does the bolt still move? can the gun be cocked and dry fired?

Thanks,

Matt.

#2 doughboy

doughboy
  • Members
    • Member ID: 15,200
  • 409 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 11:08 AM

Hi Matt,
you should be very careful and contact the seller what is the exact modification of that gun.What I want to tell you is,a ten years ago the deactivation of a gun was made in welding the bolt together with the receiver and trigger housing so you couldn`t move the bolt and you also couldn`t disassembling the gun and this modification is crap.The
actual modification which is made since 2003 is for all military guns which were manufactured before 1945 and is as follows:
- the chamber is sealed with a metal bolt and is weldet
- the barrel has six boreholes in the size of the cal.
- the bolt is milled in 45 in the front part and the firing pin channel is welded
- if the gun has no matching numbers they will be chiseled out,and each main part gets the same number
- the company logo is visible engraved on the gun
All the small parts (firing pin,springs,ejector,extractor) are enclosed with the gun.The bolt is still movable,so it can be cocked and dry fired and you also can assemble and disassemble the gun.On the images below you can see the modification on a Thompson Smg.If you want more specific information you can follow the link and send them an email.I think they will support you with your questions.The first link is a dealer from Austria which also sells deactivated weapons to German specifications.The second one
is the DWJ ( Deutsches Waffen Journal) this is a publishing house of a weapon magazine ( I`m not sure if they speak english).

http://dekowaffen-tu...e.php?page_id=1

http://www.dwj.de/startseite.html

As I already told you ,contact the seller and ask what is the actual modification it`s more safety.By the way-please excuse my explanation because for a topic like this my english is not the best.Nevertheless,I hope I could help you.

doughboy

Attached Images

• comp_2_004.jpg
  • comp_2_006.jpg
  • comp_2_007.jpg
  • comp_2_009.jpg
  • comp_2_011.jpg
  • comp_2_012.jpg
  • comp_2_015.jpg
  • comp_2_014.jpg

#3 Golem

Golem
  • Members
    • Member ID: 55,915
  • 197 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 11:17 AM

As a bit of trivia, most European countries consider the barrel & trunnion to be "the firearm", while here in the USA, the receiver is legally "the firearm".

#4 AAF_Collection

AAF_Collection
  • Members
    • Member ID: 61,896
  • 2,228 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 10:54 PM

Hi Doughboy,

Many thanks indeed for your very detailed reply. From your description the guns I'm looking at are the German post 2003 specification. The interesting thing is the German "new spec" is almost the same as the UK "old spec",post 1996 the UK went to having vistually all moving parts welded solid.

The next thing I will need to check is whether I can actually import a German deact into the UK without having it deactivated to UK "new spec".

Golem that is very true,here you can have the right side plate for a .50 as part of a demilled/deactivated gun and the RSP will be intact.

I will post my findings on importing a German deact into the UK as other UK members might find this useful in the future?.

Matt.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users