Air Show at Robins AFB, GA

swag

So, what's with the F-15? :think:

There was no display providing information about this bird, but it was next to a C-130 in the same situation. I can only surmise that they are both undergoing a rebuild at the Lockheed facility at Dobins AFB, GA (about 2 hours north of Robins AFB).

It was pretty cool to see an F-15 in this "configuration."

Johnny Signor

Hey SWAG, I was there for the show Saturday with a couple of friends, we drove up from Orlando , great show, especially liked the P-51B Red Tail , first "B" model I've seen fly , she was gorgeous !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The aircraft there at Robins are all going through re-work and or upgrades as was the F-15 you posted photo of , W.R. is a major base for this type of work on all sorts of USAF birds from fighters to cargo birds, there were C-130,C-5,C-17, F-15 etc scattered around both ends/middle of the field in various states of repair/rework , even an AC-130 .

Great pictures!! I like the Blue Angels. Not too crazy about your watermarks though.

Chris

Chris - I'm not too crazy about people stealing my pictures. (Not accusing anyone on the forum, just a precaution from lessons learned.) Glad you like the pictures though.

Johnny - I stood and waited near the Tuskegee Airman P-51 for about 20 minutes to watch it start up and taxi by. I was probably 20 feet from it as the pilot taxied by to the run up area waiting for his turn to fly. It was pretty damned cool being that close to a living, breathing P-51.

Johnny Signor

Oh Yeah , there's nothing like hearing that sweet engine purring by in flight or on the ground !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was at the P-51 fly in some years back they had here in Florida , talk about a Mustang lovers dream world , that was !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not only gobs of 51's but also a lot of the well known Aces , that was a day I'll never forget , met Chuck Yeager,Bud Anderson , Robin Olds and many others !!!!!!

Johnny