Gemsco style trio

normaninvasion

normaninvasion

Have had nothing to add in months. Here is a trio I picked up. Been trying to get a pair for awhile. Jeff

post-4253-1336143542.jpg

teufelhunde.ret

Truly a BEAUTIFUL set of birds!!! Becoming so hard these days to find this kind of match. It makes the waiting that much sweeter and is not lost on us who have done the same waiting game... patience is a virtue!

cutiger83
Truly a BEAUTIFUL set of birds!!!

I agree! These are beautiful! Congrats on your patient find!

......Kat

usmcaviator

Was wondering when someone was going to snag those up. Did you polish the hat device?!

S/F,

Mike

normaninvasion

Mike, Yes I cleaned the birds up. I know this may meet with disapproval. Couldn't even see the silver stamp, it was so black with tarnish. Crustys forming on pins of the collars and old polish build up. Didn't really think it a pleasing patina. Was going to start a thread on cleaning, to see what the thoughts were. Jeff

usmcaviator
Mike, Yes I cleaned the birds up. I know this may meet with disapproval. Couldn't even see the silver stamp, it was so black with tarnish. Crustys forming on pins of the collars and old polish build up. Didn't really think it a pleasing patina. Was going to start a thread on cleaning, to see what the thoughts were. Jeff

Jeff,

I dont touch em myself. I like the dark silver patina, in contrast with the gold. It takes years to look that way. I will occasionally brush up some gold continents for appearence sake, but a fresh looking old emblem does not strike my eye, and usually, I will pass.

Bottom line, when you own em, you get to make the call. Not anything another 80 years can't handle! Congrats on the set, surprised that those sat for so long at that price. Debated on buying them and setting aside for a few months to re-introduce to the market at a later time. These came out with the plethora of others all at the same time by the same seller and were essentially killed, however affordable in my opinion. Think you could relist at any time and easily get you money back, maybe make a few bucks too.

S/F,

Mike