Civilian pilot instructor wings

pfrost

Hello,

You do have excellent specimens in your collections -- congratulations! thumbsup.gif

CPTP and WTS belong to my favourite subjects as well. Below there is CPTP instructor at Meacham Field, Fort Worth, in January 1942. I added a close-up of his wings but I am not sure which pattern are they?

Regards

Greg

post-75-1200099867.jpg

post-75-1200099876.jpg

Hello,

You do have excellent specimens in your collections -- congratulations! thumbsup.gif

CPTP and WTS belong to my favourite subjects as well. Below there is CPTP instructor at Meacham Field, Fort Worth, in January 1942. I added a close-up of his wings but I am not sure which pattern are they?

Regards

Greg

Greg, can you read or provide a close up of the badge the white coated fellow is wearing? Thanks Dave

Here is some more V5 stuff. The V5 badge on a cap. Relatively common item, I believe, but it makes a good addition to the collection.

post-1519-1200156451.jpg

Here is a class photo of a V5 class. This came out of a family ablum of Jimmie G. Wesbster, a WWII USMC pilot. Yet another research project....

post-1519-1200156953.jpg

A closs up of one of the V5 caps. Looks like they were wearing some sort of rank bar on the other side, as well as a name tag on the chest. No V5 wings are present in the photo.

Also, a wedding photo of Mr. Webster.

post-1519-1200157040.jpg

post-1519-1200157156.jpg

Love your War Training Service stuff. That is so cool.

Here is a small grouping that I picked up a few months ago of ORTC pins. I think they are for the over seas replacement training centers. I'll try to scan some more stuff tonight.

Lets see more intstructor stuff.....show it if you got it!

Patrick

post-1519-1200616970.jpg

Love your War Training Service stuff. That is so cool.

Here is a small grouping that I picked up a few months ago of ORTC pins. I think they are for the over seas replacement training centers. I'll try to scan some more stuff tonight.

Lets see more intstructor stuff.....show it if you got it!

Patrick

COOL Stuff... I gotta go get some more thumbsup.gif

My Instructor badge case:

post-182-1200615763.jpg

The Tech badge is for the Link Trainer Instructor, and the CPT and USAFI patches are real ones! It took me a while to find a real USAFI, they seem to be heavily reproduced!

Here is a small grouping that I picked up a few months ago of ORTC pins. I think they are for the over seas replacement training centers....

The two DIs are for USAAF Technical Training Command. Motto "Sustineo Alas": I sustain the wings. (Source: Massaro, Distinctive Insignia of the U.S. Army Air Forces, pp 122,123, 158).