46th Infantry Division
1 reply to this topic
Posted 02 November 2006 - 03:39 PM
Forty-Sixth Infantry Division / 46th Division
NICKNAME: [National Guard]
1943 [Ghost Division]
1947 [National Guard]
1944 [Ghost Division]
World War II
This division was a ghost unit during World War II.
Post-World War II
The 46th Infantry Division of the Army National Guard of Michigan was organized in May 1947 at Lansing, Michigan. The nickname for the division is "The Iron Fist."
The patch colors of gold and blue come from the colors of the wreath on the Michigan State Crest. These colors symbolize the original exploration and settlement of the state of Michigan by the French. The clenched right hand
represents the constant preparedness of the 46th Division to defend the peace.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users