Post your M1s with painted rank insignia...here!

Sabrejet

USMC-RECON0321

Here is one of my favorite liners. It's a Mint Hood Rubber with a painted 2nd Lt bar under a mounted bar. Also has the early brown rivit leather chinstrap and the rare vinyl headband. But the best part for me anyway, is the unit stamp inside the liner, It's from a unit of my home town "Jackson Michigan". Were not a military town so I'm still trying to figure this one out. All I can read is "Hq Co. ?????? Regt. Jackson Michigan" ?

post-33000-1335300669.jpg

post-33000-1335300680.jpg

The inside and unit stamp. Any ideas??

If I had to take a guess, I would say maybe it originated from a local National Guard unit.

USMC-RECON0321
If I had to take a guess, I would say maybe it originated from a local National Guard unit.

I would agree because we've never had any active duty units here that I know of. Actually, it's been hard to trace what existed here in WWII. At this time there is an MP unit and transport unit.

USMC-RECON0321

Close ups. I love this helmet, but have always wanted to confirm its markings. They have been on this helmet a long time without a doubt, but done on a period repaint would be my guess. The rear stripe looks more like it was taped off and painted around it.

post-33000-1335311379.jpg

post-33000-1335311391.jpg

Troy...I've got a nearly identical BRO marked lid, minus the butter-bar! The painted patch looks just the same, though mine is more worn than yours.

USMC-RECON0321
Troy...I've got a nearly identical BRO marked lid, minus the butter-bar! The painted patch looks just the same, though mine is more worn than yours.

Ian,

The flash from the camera brightens it up quite a bit also. Could you add a pic. I'd like to compare?? :think:

Ian,

Nice - Thanks!

Looks like your #1 is much thicker but with same border.

Just a tad maybe, but the base colour of our respective shells looks about the same?