MVCC Military Vehicle Event April 2012

zepher11

I spent a few days at the Military Vehicle Collectors of California club event at the Tower Park KOA in the Delta region of California last week. The event was packed, which was nice to see in this economy. The people that I met down there were super nice and there was a lot of military vehicle parts for sale as well as everything else military related. The weather couldn’t have been better after a number of weeks of rain in our area. It was 94 degrees when I arrived home! So much for spring.

I thought I would share some photos of the vehicles there. I am a little biased and lean toward the WWII era vehicles, but I did get a couple of photos of other vehicles as well:

004.jpg

005.jpg

007.jpg

This is something one doesn’t see every day:

008.jpg

010.jpg

GP for sale at $35,000 I was told:

011.jpg

I love the GP instrument cluster:

012.jpg

013.jpg

Security:

017.jpg

WLA.jpg

The gentleman that restored this ride actually rode one during WWII:

009.jpg

010-2.jpg

017-2.jpg

018.jpg

019-1.jpg

020.jpg

022-1.jpg

023-1.jpg

036-1.jpg

037.jpg

038.jpg

It was neat watching the Civil War area reenactors fire their cannon. I was able to get some good video of them firing. They said it was six ounces of black power, but it seemed to be much more. I sucked the air from my lungs. It was hot and I was in shorts and t-shirt…not wool:

031.jpg

030.jpg

034.jpg

011-1.jpg

I really admire those that restore and maintain these vehicles.

Zeph

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, guys. Yes, the hand cart displays were great, and I may have spoke to Mr. Johnson. I did get to meet a few other USMF members at the event. The fall Tower event is in September. I won't be able to attend, so I'm looking forward to next April's event!

Zeph