Norman D. Landing

bilko1

General Apathy

Magazine bag for French chachut (sp) Auto rifle. Found in small antique store. Wasn't sure what is was but stamp inside said Paris and I figured to out

attachicon.gifchauchat.jpg

Hi Robert, I bow to your knowledge on this one, it's outside my pay-grade . . . . . . . . . . .

Norman D. Landing, Forum Normandy Correspondent, March 18 2019

General Apathy

To paraphrase ZZ Top:

They come runnin' just as fast as they can

Cause every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man(nequin)

Hi Erick, mmmmh looks like you could be right looking at this image . . . . . . .

.post-344-0-01225600-1552928699_thumb.jpeg

Hi Robert, I bow to your knowledge on this one, it's outside my pay-grade . . . . . . . . . . .

Someplace I have a picture of a Doughboy shooting the french rifle with bag over his shoulder

Hi Erick, mmmmh looks like you could be right looking at this image . . . . . . .

.attachicon.giffullsizeoutput_13d3.jpeg

Those faces are kinda creepy. Put the plastic bags over the heads again!

From the Shoebox . . . . . Prepared for the auction

attached image of my Woodmans Pal LC-14-B knife, unissued with a piece of cardboard still around the blade, it also has three books, 48 page Care, use and sharpening, 16 page living in the jungle, 16 page fighting with the Woodmans Pal, an emergency fishing pack of a line and two hooks and the item that is generally missing from the Woodmans sheath the sharpening stone, which bears the Woodmans Pal company logo.

Norman D. Landing, Forum Normandy Correspondent, March 17 2019

.attachicon.giffullsizeoutput_13c6.jpeg

Always thought these things were wickedly cool. I'd love to have one, but as beautiful as your mint set is, I'd probably be better off with a well used one that I could use around the yard. I just don't have space for something like that in my tiny shoebox that doesn't earn it's keep.

Mikie

General Apathy

Hi Mikie, my daughter would agree with you, my para-marine in the early jump smock lived in a small niche just outside the bathroom door, the rare smock not having any real meaning for her, just the creepy eyes and face of the mannequin ' watching ' her as she past.

Norman D. Landing, Forum Normandy Correspondent, March 19 2019.

Talking about creepy faces. This one resides in Le Grand Bunker Musée le Mur de l'Atlantique in Ouistreham, Normandy. Imagine having him standing in your hallway etc……………….

post-169612-0-01357900-1553011657_thumb.jpg

Rene

General Apathy

Talking about creepy faces. This one resides in Le Grand Bunker Musée le Mur de l'Atlantique in Ouistreham, Normandy. Imagine having him standing in your hallway etc……………….

attachicon.gifDSC_2633a.jpg

Rene

Hi Rene, spooky eyes . . . . . .

About thirty years ago I took a photograph of a static display in the Diekirch museum in Belgium, there was nothing out of the ordinary at that time about the photograph or the content of the photograph.

That is until a British politician appeared on UK television about five or six years ago and I thought there was a striking resemblance between the politician and the mannequin seen in the centre of the photograph sat in the Jeep. ??

.post-344-0-65187800-1553025989_thumb.jpg

.post-344-0-94985700-1553026223.jpg

About thirty years ago I took a photograph of a static display in the Diekirch museum in Belgium, there was nothing out of the ordinary at that time about the photograph or the content of the photograph.

That is until a British politician appeared on UK television about five or six years ago and I thought there was a striking resemblance between the politician and the mannequin seen in the centre of the photograph sat in the Jeep. ??

.attachicon.gifImage 19-03-2019 at 20.53.jpg

.attachicon.gifImage 19-03-2019 at 20.51.jpg

I'm sorry to say that I am not up on my British politicians, but that is a striking resemblance. Unfortunately, there are more than enough American politicians with a lot in common with dummies.

Mikie

.attachicon.gifImage 19-03-2019 at 20.53.jpg

.attachicon.gifImage 19-03-2019 at 20.51.jpg

Hi Ken, now that's spooky…….

Rene

Johan Willaert

That General Anthony McAuliffe Farage display was actually located in the Bastogne Historical Center, not Diekirch...

Furthermore oddly the scene was based on a photo of McAuliffe in his Jeep taken in the Netherlands during Market Garden and not in the Ardennes fighting...

The display was set up in the original (first version) of the Bastogne Historical Center which opened roughly 1975-76 and which hosted the MVCG rally in the Summer of 1978, which could have been the first time we ever met...

General Apathy

That General Anthony McAuliffe Farage display was actually located in the Bastogne Historical Center, not Diekirch...

Furthermore oddly the scene was based on a photo of McAuliffe in his Jeep taken in the Netherlands during Market Garden and not in the Ardennes fighting...

The display was set up in the original (first version) of the Bastogne Historical Center which opened roughly 1975-76 and which hosted the MVCG rally in the Summer of 1978, which could have been the first time we ever met...

Hi Johan, well memory serves you better than me, next you will be telling me that you don't owe me any money . . . . . .

Thanks for clearing up where the photo was actually taken, I couldn't recall where, too many years, too many trips.

is that how long you owed me that money, MVCG trip summer of 78 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . happy years.

General Apathy

From the Shoebox . . . . . . . . . . prepared and sent for auction

.post-344-0-87705600-1553034036_thumb.jpeg

Hi Recon, yep would be pleased to see your example, please add it when you can, thanks for joining in.

I was a little torn about parting with mine it was in like factory fresh supple condition and clean, whereas a couple of others rubberised ones I had were a little stiffer. As I will be keeping three musettes anyway should I have also kept it it defeats the object of my exercise to clear out all the stuff unused or un-displayed.

Norman D. Landing, Forum Normandy Correspondent, March 17 2019.

here it is, nothing special, but its nice and still in good nick,44 dated with rubberized body and normal flap

post-117117-0-74809500-1553071597_thumb.jpg

General Apathy

Hi Recon, thanks for the photo of your musette, looks in nice supple condition, out of all the musettes I have owned only one had the maker and date in the same spot as yours which I always thought was cool.

Norman D. Landing, Forum Normandy Correspondent, March 20 2019.

General Apathy

Oooooooh! What can it be?

Hi Mikie, presently its a sealed carton, but maybe this evening I will reveal the contents . . . . . . . . Airborne related.

Norman D. Landing, Forum Normandy Correspondent, March 20 2019.

General Apathy

From the Shoebox . . . . . . Seasonal marked film-work jacket.

I managed to grab this jacket and pants off the BoB film-work, only managed to get the one marked winters never managed to find the one marked summer. . . . . . . . . . . . life’s a bitch.
In actual fact this suit became damaged and discarded during the shoot and a replacement copy was issued.
Norman D. Landing, Forum Normandy Correspondent, March 21 2019
.post-344-0-10869900-1553163913_thumb.jpeg

From the Shoebox . . . . . . Seasonal marked film-work jacket.

I managed to grab this jacket and pants off the BoB film-work, only managed to get the one marked winters never managed to find the one marked summer. . . . . . . . . . . . life’s a bitch.
In actual fact this suit became damaged and discarded during the shoot and a replacement copy was issued.

Hi Ken, no wonder you couldn't find one marked summer……...you should have looked for summers………..(Yeah, I know it's a lame joke :P)

Rene

General Apathy

Hi Ken, no wonder you couldn't find one marked summer……...you should have looked for summers………..(Yeah, I know it's a lame joke :P)

Rene

Hi Rene, thanks no that's not a lame joke, I would call it an off-season joke . . . . . . . . :P

Anyway its gone to auction.

Rene

It figures that Rene would Spring for a joke like that.

General Apathy

That joke is not in season.

Nice Winters jacket.

Hi Peter, thanks, once again it has just sat in a box since filming finished. . . . . . . . . time for it to fly.

General Apathy

It figures that Rene would Spring for a joke like that.

Hi Mikie, I would think that Rene might ' fall ' about laughing at your ' spring ' comment . . . . . . .

Norman D. Landing, Forum Normandy Correspondent, March 21 2019.