Show your rare Cav and Eng patches pre-VN

mortaydc60

Two very rare patches were just sold by Rarepatchman. I have not seen much in the way of older patches(pre-VN) being discussed on the forum from the Engineer and the Cavalry branches. We have seen Armor,TD and Airborne and was curious what members have to show from their collections regarding these other branches. Would also like to see Artillery branch represented if possible. The cav patch sold was the 112th cav and the eng was the 437th,both over $600. what do you think the 112th would have sold for if it had the motto tab included? Lets see what you got! Mort

Mort,

I dont have much to contribute but here they are. First 1 102 Cav (2 Corps with Yellow border) and a nice 6th Cav Regt from the Occupation.

post-1604-1333927405.jpg

862nd Avn ENG German Made - I beleive Not sure what patch it was worn over maybe the SCARWAF

Thanks for the reply and showing some of your patches. The 1629 is a great patch and like the tab. I guess you posted this while I was scanning some WW1 Engineer patches which will show now. This particular patch is extremely rare and is for the 308th Eng 308th_eng.tiff

Here's a couple of mine I have on hand.

37th Eng Bn and 3rd Eng Bn

Chris

OK, Dr. Mort,

You made me show one we've never shown before. We believe the figure at the bottom left is supposed to be Our old pal Adolph, and if true, that along with the Nazi banner being depicted, would make this patch a rarity for sure in the history of U.SW. military patches.

Patch Johnson

post-640-1334042776.jpg

patchtrader864

That's Hitler on the left and Tojo on the right . the red on the top is like Japanese the flag . Paul

That's a great patch.

Chris

You can always count on Patch Johnson to raise the stakes; he did it with a great,great patch. I was not at all familiar with it and did some research. Why did it have Hitler and Togo and also Nazi and Rising Sun flags?Answer was that it servered in Europe but also had a company that was sent to Japan in 1945. The black figure looks alittle confusing but after seeing the DI it was clears that it is a black crow which is the symbol of death. Thanks to Patch Johnson. I will be posting alot more patches but my first try was too large to losd. Please be patient you won't be disappointed. Mort

Tankpatches
Two very rare patches were just sold by Rarepatchman. I have not seen much in the way of older patches(pre-VN) being discussed on the forum from the Engineer and the Cavalry branches. We have seen Armor,TD and Airborne and was curious what members have to show from their collections regarding these other branches. Would also like to see Artillery branch represented if possible. The cav patch sold was the 112th cav and the eng was the 437th,both over $600. what do you think the 112th would have sold for if it had the motto tab included? Lets see what you got! Mort

Pre war 47th Engineer troop

part of the 7th Mechanized Brigade Ft. Knox, KY

post-668-1334189950.jpg

How about Cav and Engineer in one? It's an AG Border US made patch with Korean added embroidery. The "B" is a little fuzzy on the Co "B" 8th ENGR.

post-359-1334272368.jpg

vintageproductions
OK, Dr. Mort,

You made me show one we've never shown before. We believe the figure at the bottom left is supposed to be Our old pal Adolph, and if true, that along with the Nazi banner being depicted, would make this patch a rarity for sure in the history of U.SW. military patches.

Patch Johnson

Steve-I have an original pen and ink drawing for this insignia. When I get back in town I will post it.

Bob

PS I emailed the person about your other question.

Steve-I have an original pen and ink drawing for this insignia. When I get back in town I will post it.

Bob

PS I emailed the person about your other question.

Bob,

Thanks - on both items.

Patch Johnson

And a couple of other cavalry. The 5th Recon appears Korean made, might I am not sure if it is Korean War vintage. The engineer castle is stenciled on the 1st Cav Division patch.

post-2744-1334801556.jpg

post-2744-1334801631.jpg

vintageproductions
OK, Dr. Mort,

Patch Johnson

Steve-Here is the inked version I had mentioned.

Bob

ink.jpg

kiaiokalewa

Aloha Mort, Here area few Engineer pieces from the Occupation of Korea (1945-1949) Originally I had thought that the 1092ndEngineer Utility Detachment was a Korea War piece until I found the XXIV Corps patch with Dragon. The construction materials and style is consistent with Korean Occupation made insignia. The dead ringer is the paper back on the patches. They are from the same math text book page. Now I'm not talking about it just being glued in place but the silk thread is sewn through these text pages. I've only found one lead on the unit itself and from of all places a Mormon website. Evidently the Captain and several of the detachment members had formed the first Mormon Service Club in Korea during 1946. Somewhere in Mormon archives are Corporal M. Anderson's pictures of the 1092nd EUD in Seoul. BTW we traded on this patch about 10 years ago at the San Diego ASMIC Convention. It was the last show I've ever attended. I'm still waiting for the convention to return back to the west coast!

post-1384-1334815898.jpg

post-1384-1334815917.jpg

kiaiokalewa

Here are two different 42nd Engineer Construction Bn. patches from the Occupation of Korea. Company A, was located in Yongsan Garrison in and was responsible for construction the most of the dependent housing at that post. Company B, was located in Pusan and I image they had their hands full down there with the 11 Medium Port improvements.

One other engineer piece that I do have is for the 13thEngineer Bn. This one is a custom made Ike jacket with hand embroidered DI's, 7thDivision SSI's on both sleeves, and a very cool pair of dragons surrounding the 13thEngineer distinctive insignia (in center) on the back of the jacket. If I can recall correctly it has 1947 Seoul, Korea on it too.

post-1384-1334816057.jpg

post-1384-1334816122.jpg

Steve-Here is the inked version I had mentioned.

Bob

post-492-1334812884.jpg

Bob,

Most interesting. Some details here that didn't make it into the patch! Many thanks. Is this from a Christmas card?

Patch Johnson