Heroes In Our Midst--a stutua report

Jumpin Jack

Hi Jack and Jake

Wishing you and your families a very merry Xmas and a great New Year. I am looking forward for your forth coming series.

All the Best

Phill

I

• 2 weeks later...

Feedback from the publisher indicates that the book is in the "color phase." This process is to determine that the color is "true" to the original. When this is complete, the book will go to press. Still anticipating delivery NLT mid-February for Vol I.

Vol II is being worked on at the publisher as we speak, after which Vol III will follow.

My thanks to all who have supported the series thus far. We are very encouraged. Jack Angolia

• 3 weeks later...

Hello All,

Checked back with the publisher. It looks like availability of Vol I will be early March. Postal rates were increased this past week. For those who have already ordered the book, we will absorb the increase. Otherwise, there will be a minimal increase in postal rates.

I have been able to pick up some very interesting material for Vol IV. The work grows. Vol II is being worked on by the publisher as we speak, preparing it for printing. This work will cover jump uniforms in detail as well as service uniforms to include Major Dick Winters' personal uniform. Every day an adventure in knowledge. Jack Angolia

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Forum members,

I have some good news, and some bad news. First, the good news. Vol I is on its way to the publisher. I should have it three or four days after this. I will get copies out to all who have ordered the book immediately after receipt. Now, for the bad news. There are only three days remaining to qualify for the pre-publication discount.

A word to the contributors and those who wish to contribute material for future volumes, there is still ample time. If you missed out on material covered in Vol I, there will always be addendums in future volumes..

Jake and I thank you one and all for your help and support, and hope that you will continue with the up-coming volumes. Vol II is being worked on by the publisher as we speak. Some of the hi-lites of this volume will be glider forces, Troop Carrier Command, jump and service uniforms, Pathfinders, among other subjects. Thank you all! Jack Angolia

I know this book is much anticipated Jack, you and Jake have got a boatload of new information that is going to bring some excitement to A/B collectors.

Jack: Check sent today to cover costs for both books of which we spoke. I am looking forward to receiving when available. In the meantime I hope of many of our forum follow and that your efforts are greatly rewarded. Good luck and again, thanks for the service. TONY

Jumpin Jack

Good morning Tony,

I will immediately take care of your two book orders as they become available.

I realize that I'm the new guy on the block where U.S. history is concerned, which might account for the very slow response to my new book in spite of offering a discount to Forum members, which has now been withdrawn except to those who contributed to the work. I'll simply let the books speak for themselves. It has been my experience over the years that, in spite of the number of books I have had published, most of which are now accepted as the "bible" on the specific subject, people wait until the book is actually released before buying it. Many have come to learn that, with the subsequent demand, the book quickly sells out, and the only way to get a copy is at rediculously high prices at auction.

Thank you Tony for your comments and trust. I assure you that I'll not let you down. Best regards, Jack Angolia

Jumpin Jack

Hello Jack. Any update on when this volume might start shipping?

I believe it is in transit to me as we speak. You should have your copy by the end of the month. I'm as anxious as you. Thank you for your support! FYI Vol II is being worked on by the publisher, with release later this year. Vol III will follow as the text, etc. is finished. I'm putting the finishing touches on Vol IV. As for Vol V, this will be determined by subsequent input by all of you. Jack Angolia

vintageproductions

At the SOS this year George Petersen handed me the Galley Proof of this book to check out.

It is amazing. Airborne is not my number one love of collecting, but I will say this is going to be one of those "Must Haves" that should be in every library. The photography is brilliant, and the items shown are even better. Of course, didn't have time to read any of the text, I will do that when I get my copy.

At the SOS this year George Petersen handed me the Galley Proof of this book to check out.

It is amazing. Airborne is not my number one love of collecting, but I will say this is going to be one of those "Must Haves" that should be in every library. The photography is brilliant, and the items shown are even better. Of course, didn't have time to read any of the text, I will do that when I get my copy.

Awesome, at least you got to see a copy! I've also been told that the photography was great. I spoke with Jake last night and found out I'm getting a low numbered, signed copy. They should be shipping shortly. The old Carly Simon song: "Anticipation" applies here

• 1 month later...
sgtdorango

I just saw Jake today and received one of his books, all i can say is that i am blown away by the quality and information inside.....i just barely have had time to flip through and i am extremely impressed, im a helmet guy and the helmet info and photos are worth the price of admission alone, amazing work done by Jake and Jack.....if anybody is on the fence about buying a copy, i have to highly recommend purchasing it, you wont regret it for a second....the only regret i have is that my wife will not see me for a few days as i will be off in my own world with a big smile on my face looking through this book!!.......mike

BigDogMilitaria

I had a chance over the past week to sit down with a collector who contributed many photo's to this book. Wow! What a beautiful book! I can honestly say I was in awe of what is in it, and how it is presented. Great reference and a great way to learn, i will be placing my own order this week.

Jumpin Jack

Guys, I can't thank you enough for your most kind comments regarding the book. This is the 39th book that I have written. In the more than 50 years I've been working with Bender, we have both learned. Vol I is the fruit of this learning process. My guarentee to you is that all subsequent volumes will be of the same quality. FYI volumes II and III are in Bender's hands as we speak. Vol II will be the Christmas release this year, and Vol III in the spring of next year. I am receiving some excellent input, especially from Europe, for inclusion. Vol IV is next to me as I write as Roger has his hands full so no sense in sending it off to him. I fully expect there will be a volume V, but this largely depends on the input from Forum members. I really need period Ranger photos to add to this discussion. Any input will be credited and greatly appreciated. I still have numbered copies of Vol I should anyone like to order directly from me.

Thank you all. Jack Angolia

USAmedalfreak

I have never paid over $35 for any militaria book. So this a big step for me, and I know It will be worth it. Also Jake [APO472] has been most helpful.

THks

Kelly

I've thoroughly perused mine and can say that if Vol. 1 is any indication of the follow-up volume's, then no one will be disappointed! To those nay-sayers who were so certain that there was nothing more of any substance, in photo's or in content, that could be written about the A/B since everything that could be written, had been written... I'm preparing your crow dinner. ;)

Jumpin Jack

I have never paid over $35 for any militaria book. So this a big step for me, and I know It will be worth it. Also Jake [APO472] has been most helpful.

THks

Kelly

Kelly, when my first hard cover book was published, I insisted that it be priced at $7., and that was over 50 years ago. If I wrote picture books beating my chest saying, "Look at my collection! Isn't it great!" I would be embarassed to have my publisher put a $100. price on the book. However, I have an obligation to provide the buyer a good return for his money spent, so neither is the case. I believe the coverage of parachute/glider wings will answer most any questions you might have. Jake is a most helpful individual, asking little in return. Thank you for your purchase. Jack Angolia

Jumpin Jack

I've thoroughly perused mine and can say that if Vol. 1 is any indication of the follow-up volume's, then no one will be disappointed! To those nay-sayers who were so certain that there was nothing more of any substance, in photo's or in content, that could be written about the A/B since everything that could be written, had been written... I'm preparing your crow dinner. ;)

There was basically only one member of the Forum who immediately was adament in this feeling, apparently feeling he was THE author without equal. I took his words as an inspiration to do the best that I could, and will continue to do so until the series is completed. Once done, the series should contain an estimated 3,000 pages extolling the history of the U.S. airborne forces of WWII. I am proud to have been a paratrooper, and would NEVER produce a work that would embarass these men or their feats. Jack Angolia