15th Army Air Force

MBS

I’m in the process of researching an individual that may have been a member of the 15th Army Air Force in WWII. Is there a roster of individuals that served in the 15th? The person I’m looking for is Frederick Schneider, Jr.

Thanks for your help,

Brent

Squardron or group number would help also.I have 15 boxes of files for a 15th Group as the guy was active in the 15th Air Force Association and was writing a book.He passed away and I was able to purchase the contents of his file cabinets.Have many addresses and note on service and membership.Also many crew photos.

Unfortunately I don’t have much information to go on. One of my uniform groupings consists of an Ike jacket, two khaki shirts, wool shirt, and pants. The Ike and both khaki shits have 15th AAF patches and sergeant stripes. Everything is marked with the soldiers last name initial and last four numbers of the service number. I was told the soldier might be from Pennsylvania or New Jersey. I was cleaning everything and making notes for my research before I put the uniform in storage. When I cleaned one of the khaki shirts I notice a service number had been written on the under side of the pocket flap. The third number is hard to read. By the first two numbers (32) I can tell he was from New York or New Jersey. With the third number, I think is correct, I looked up the NARA file. I came up with Frederick Schneider, Jr. from New York. I was hoping to compare this name with a roster to see if he was listed. The NARA only lists him as private and does not show him as being in the AAF. Not a big deal, but I would be more comfortable if NARA showed him in the AAF though. So, I’m not sure what to think. If I can’t find a roster I will take a chance and send for his service records. However, you don’t always receive good information.

Thanks,

Brent

Hi Brent:
I can tell you he wasn't a member of the 455th Bomb Group. My grandfather was in the 455th, 743rd Squadron.
I don't mean to hi-jack your thread!! I can't help myself!! I'm proud of my grandfather!

EDIT: Picture lost