Model of 1910 Bolo in the Fourth Infantry

Charlie Flick

Charlie Flick

Guys:

Attached is a pic of a Benet-Mercier Model of 1909 Machine Gun Company of the 4th Infantry. Note the soldier with the Model of 1910 Bolo on his belt. Another can be seen further down the row.

This pic and others were posted in the Benet-Mercier Machine Rifle thread in the Firearms Forum, but I thought the Bolo angle might be of interest to the edged weapons collectors as well.

Regards,

Charlie Flick

PracticeB-MMGCoFortBrown1916.jpg

Charlie Flick

Hey GB:

Yes, that was one I sent to you, Greg and Frank recently. Good view of the Bolo there too.

Regards,

Charlie

Hi, That surplus store must have had a lot of machetes to sell because they were still available during late 1950's when I bought mine. My machete and the sheath are both dated 1945. As a kid, I sanded down the wood handle and stained it.

Jim

post-397-1199213951.jpg

Anyone have a picture of a bolo knife sans sheath? Just got done reading the 369th unit history where a young lad (Pvt Johnson) shoved one through the top of a German's head (whoa!!!)

Dave

• 2 months later...
Guest Captain Midnight

I am looking to restore one of these knives, which is missing its crossguard and wooden handle scales. Anyone know of some place that might sell parts for them?