Public Safety Advisor's Uniform

jason_w

nguoi tien su

Very nice pix ! Thanks for sharing !

The ranks are french inspired, the Captain on the left also wears the Biet Dong Quan qualification badge.

hochiminhtrail

Hi Nguoi tien su

is the material light weight on yours?

cheers Alex

post-1739-1199350172.jpg

Here is one with a tiger stripe cut.

NTS

Dear all,

Here is a picture of the of the CSDC set in US cut I got recently, you can see the slight colour difference with the set from NTS. All buttons are made in light brown unlike those from NTS which are black or dark brown.. The material is the same weight

Following is another set I got, the pants is in ARVN fatigue cut, they match the shirt from Spike.

Cheers

post-1739-1199350172.jpg

Here is one with a tiger stripe cut.

NTS

post-1523-1199396234.jpg

nguoi tien su

HCMT, the material is rather thick. Note that there is a small pocket on the sleeve, contrary to the other models seen here. The buttons are black.

Hello all,

again some wonderful items are presented here!

On the subject of colour variations, here is one of my shirts.

post-109-1199475808.jpeg

Bonsoir ,

Spike, your trousers with the size tag is very interesting and could confirm that some such camo uniforms 've been made outside VN.

Nice display Patrick, your boonie seems to be an offshore made (probably Okinawa). Has it the black twill sweat border and size marked by a white stamp?

Cheers

Valery

Salut Valery,

it does indeed!

I have one more shirt, i shall attempt to photograph it next to the one pictured to show another major colour variation.

Patrick.

I got this hat from Manion's donkeys ears ago. I also have one of those hats like Patrick has, got it a the Great Western Gun Show in the late 80's.

post-532-1199479120.jpg

post-532-1199479146.jpg

vintageproductions
Bonsoir ,

Spike, your trousers with the size tag is very interesting and could confirm that some such camo uniforms 've been made outside VN.

Nice display Patrick, your boonie seems to be an offshore made (probably Okinawa). Has it the black twill sweat border and size marked by a white stamp?

Cheers

Valery

From what we found out years ago, that some of the NPFF uniforms were also made on Okinawa during Vietnam. Especially the ones with the small white tags with the red woven size markings. Also, someone a long time ago said the ones that had the numbers stamped in them (1,2,3,etc), were also made outside of Vietnam.

River Patrol

Jason,

As always, nice stuff!

Here's a CISO pajama top from an identified SEAL group we literally just got a few weeks ago (thanks to those that helped find this SEAL grouping for our book!). In all my years of collecting, this is the only one I've ever seen from an identified group - and a SEAL group at that. If anyone has something like this, please post a pic. (I'm wondering if there are any PRU unit members that may have used this garment in this camo pattern?)

Steve

Seal_D.jpg

nguoi tien su

Bonjour Valery,

I also bought a trousers with a stamped "S" exactely the same style you can find in the TS shirts and pants. Surprisingly, it is on the outside of the pants. I will post is ASAP... in a few months, next time I come back...

The other badge Cpt Tham has on his shirt is the psychological warfare badge.

A+

NTS

PS : River Patrol, Spike your shirts look greaaaaat... w00t.gif

nguoi tien su

Here is an other cut and a slightly different pattern, I think. I borrowed the pix to one of my friends, this one is unfortunately not mine...

post-1739-1199513763.jpg

The shirt shown by Patrick seems to be the most difficult to get.

Hello all,

again some very nice items have been shown.

I am glad to see that these garments are finally appreciated in a way that they deserve.

As promised here is a shot of my other shirt.The sleeves are actually in a different shade to the main body of the shirt and have a more pronounced "pinkish" hue to the colour.

You can just make out in the photo the "2" stamping in the collar.

post-109-1199636205.jpg

Here is another item i have always liked.

The peak has some form of cellulose(?)/plastic material used as a stiffener.

It has become brittle and broken into multiple pieces.

This can be felt all over the entirety of the peak.

I am correct in thinking that the 500 denotes a Saigon precinct/district?

Also, what is the difference between the green and blue printed insignias?

Patrick.

post-109-1199636546.jpg

Hello Patrick

500 is the number of the headquarters of the Saigon Municipal Police Directorate.Saigon Directorate patches go up to, at least 515.

The green patch, I've only ever seen ones with the number 500, is probably a fake. Real ones are blue and have a motto at the top of the disc.

Hello,

another member has contacted me regarding the patch also...he is also of the opinion that the patch is a reproduction.

Disappointing to say the least.

Another Field Police I sold during the past due to its small size, but look to the variation of the camo colour. (The hat is a hunting Duck Hunter camo), the good ones are those shown by Spike or Patrick.

Patrick, I suspect your hat is made post war from remaining material stock in Vietnam, and imported to the US or Europe by some dishonest Ebay Sellers (some of them from Canada or Ohio).

Cheers

post-1523-1199743667.jpg

• 2 months later...

Hello,

Here is a photo of a plaque awarded to the same Public Safety Advisor. Sorry for the bad photo, it was hard to get a photo without the flash reflecting off the plaque. He received it in February of 1973.

Regards,

Jason

post-1616-1207100786.jpg

hochiminhtrail

great set Jason congratulation

Alex

Hello,

Here is a photo of a plaque awarded to the same Public Safety Advisor. Sorry for the bad photo, it was hard to get a photo without the flash reflecting off the plaque. He received it in February of 1973.

Regards,

Jason

hochiminhtrail

my shirt found in saigon

the buttons have been replaced, the name tag has been removed :(the saddest part of all), but it s named inside the shirt.

Cheers

Alex

post-1849-1207206398.jpg

hochiminhtrail
my shirt found in saigon

the buttons have been replaced, the name tag has been removed :(the saddest part of all), but it s named inside the shirt. Looking for some sort of matching pants ( color ).

Cheers

Alex

post-1849-1207206513.jpg