Help with ID Please

Bearmon

Johnny Signor

I woud "guess" possibly " a missle Squadron unit , Strat Missle Sqd

Try the 34th seeing as the stars are 3 & 4 ................

I would say Asian made I will get a picture up of the back, my guess is philippines, but that is just a guess.

Thanks for looking

Proud Kraut

The 7 stars constellation reminds me on the Ursa Minor (Little Dipper?). The most northern star of this constellation is Polaris. Wasn't there a Polaris rocket used by US forces? The snake reminds me on the Aesculapian. My guess: Medical detachment of a Polaris unit ;-)

Lars

Johnny Signor

I guess you haven't found anything on it being "missle" unit related ????????????????????????????

Try posting it over at USAFpatches.com

Johnny

I think it could be a UGM-27A Polaris missile, as deployed on US Navy ballistic missile subs since the 60s. Patch looks Japanese made too, so that would go well with the era. Again, just an opinion. Did it come with any other items?

Randy

Bottom of the rocket/missle has US on it, also it looks like Antarctica is highlighted in red on the globe at the bottom.

I couldn't find anything on USAF patches to match medical or ballistic or polaris. Looking at the shape I wonder if might be USN.

The USAF patches don't seem to be have the same shape in what I can see. Thaks for the help....

The search goes on.

Bearmon

• 6 years later...

It could also just be a foreign patch...Unless the bottom of the rocket has US written sideways??

That is exactly what keeps coming to my mind as well...