USMC Corporal Chevrons

R.Ricardo

Hi,

I have this pair of USMC Corporal Chevrons and I'd like to know if it's from WWII or from what periode it was made and used?

post-5589-0-03168000-1400875039.jpg

post-5589-0-63491300-1400875044.jpg

post-5589-0-34629400-1400875048.jpg

EDIT: One picture is lost

Regards,

Ricardo

I believe it was 1956 when they added the cross rifles below the Chevrons, so these would have to date before then.

Not sure when they started to use these, most likely the 1930's?!

Leonardo

Hi,

I have this pair of USMC Corporal Chevrons and I'd like to know if it's from WWII or from what periode it was made and used?

2zyg9iw.jpg

312wd5f.jpg

2gtrmvq.jpg

6ib1nk.jpg

Regards,

Ricardo

Ya, your stripes ( That photographed upside down ) are from WWII, little before, and into the late 40s.

Corpsmancollector

Nice pair of WWII era stripes R. As patches says, they were probably available slightly pre-war...Does anyone know what year these stripes began to be manufactured?

Will

I believe it was 1956 when they added the cross rifles below the Chevrons, so these would have to date before then.

Not sure when they started to use these, most likely the 1930's?!

Leonardo

These would have been used in the WWII/Korean War era, and this style was replaced in 1954 by basically the style used today. The crossed rifles were added in 1958 with the creation of the E-8 & E-9 paygrades.

These would have been used in the WWII/Korean War era, and this style was replaced in 1954 by basically the style used today. The crossed rifles were added in 1958 with the creation of the E-8 & E-9 paygrades.

Thanks, I knew it was sometime in the mid 50's when the change happened, but didn't know exactly when.

Any idea when they were first used?

LF