Let's See Your US Shotgun Shell Ammunition Pouches

LTGSANCHEZ

Craig, the amount and quality of your items that you show for reference never fails to amaze me. The photos you provide of the numerous different items you have and take time to show for reference and comparison for others to see is just a tremendous help to the folks that collect those items. thumbsup.gif

Anyway, I see that some of the snaps on the later pouches you show have some stampings on them. Is it possible to see close-ups of the snaps or if not, list what the stamps are. I think it would be interesting to see how the later snaps were marked, Ray

craig_pickrall

Ray, thanks for the kind words.

I will try and put together a dated set of LTD style fasteners but it will be next week as the wife has already issued my orders for the weekend.

craig, I believe I have the same maker/year shotgun pouch as you posted.

Moderators Note:  MISSING PHOTOS

I was waiting for Craig to post something on this.

You never fail to amaze me with the amount of stuff you got.

Good stuff too.

The LTD saga is quite interesting and I woul dreally like to hear your take on it.

Cheers

Craig.. LTD info would be very interesting and I would also like to hear your shout on this one.

my pouch ammuniton shotgun stamped J.Q.M.D 1943 also has star pull LTD on..im sure i also have another item with star pull LTDS will have too dig this on out..

regards joe

craig_pickrall

I started taking pics this morning on the LTD fasteners. I have 6 brands ID'ed so far and none of them have the United Carr brand name displayed. It has turned into a bigger project than I expected with several variations. It will probably take 1 or 2 more days to finish. There are so many pics involved I'm trying to think of a good way to condense them and still tell the story.

craig_pickrall said:
I started taking pics this morning on the LTD fasteners. I have 6 brands ID'ed so far and none of them have the United Carr brand name displayed. It has turned into a bigger project than I expected with several variations. It will probably take 1 or 2 more days to finish. There are so many pics involved I'm trying to think of a good way to condense them and still tell the story.

Now Graig you know you would rather be helping your old buddies out here by doing this then doing your wifes honey do things. LOL :lol:

Anyway, here are photos of the that 30 rd Thompson magazine pouch that has the Star pull snap just to show other items have that snap. Ray

Now Graig you know you would rather be helping your old buddies out here by doing this then doing your wifes honey do things. LOL :lol:

Anyway, here are photos of the that 30 rd Thompson magazine pouch that has the Star pull snap just to show other items have that snap. Ray

725vwxe.jpg

star*pull LTDs are definitelly WWII...i have many 1st aid pouches dated 1943- 44 & 45 with star*pull...there are postwar NATO copies also...the ones marked kliek*here are Dutch made & some others marked FIX*RG are Greek made both early 50s

just had a quick look at some of my LTDs..two types of star pull,one with the star * raised and the other the star * is depressed ,also KLILIT * PULL on a lines mans cs-34 pouch,will try to post pictures if i can make the camara stop taking pictures in wobbly mode..

just had a quick look at some of my LTDs..two types of star pull,one with the star * raised and the other the star * is depressed ,also KLILIT * PULL on a lines mans cs-34 pouch,will try to post pictures if i can make the camara stop taking pictures in wobbly mode..

You mean one like this?

img0080dn9.th.jpg

• 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...

If anybody would like the 1970 DOD specifications for the shotgun shell pouch, PM me with an email address and I will

send a PDF of the file. Dimensions and construction details are included, it might serve as a useful reference.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Here's mine. The OD version of the tan pouch mr.Pickrall has. It's a USMC London Bridge Trading pouch, Marked with the same experimental markings. From my understanding those pouches were made for the USMC FAST teams.

I see some differences in back stiching.

There's even a variation of this in tan with mismatched green back webbing. It's not mine, but i post it as a reference

Taucco,

Those shotgun shell pouches were apparently LBT's first real order after Dr. McDougall got into the business. Nice

find! The tan pouches look a lot like they're from another aftermarket maker in the midwest whose name escapes

me at the moment but who moved a lot of ALICE-ish gear in the late 1990s/early 2000s. If they are in fact LBT, I

am not surprised at the use of off-colored webbing as at the time tan webbing was difficult to find in small quantities.

Neat!

• 1 year later...

where the m1938 shotgun shell pouches made between 1942-1945 followed by a break, and then production started back up in 1968?

i have seen a 1968 dated shell pouch, and alot of 1969 dated ones.

are there any produced between 1946-1967?

• 2 years later...

I was going through some old threads and discovered this one...hope you all don't mind me resurrecting it. I've been looking for a decent example for a few years and then I found this matching pair recently. I'd really like to have an earlier example but these will have to do for now.

JQMD1945_zps47c97f83.jpgJQMD1945a_zps2b3be908.jpg

Does any one know how much these are going for because a year or two ago I saw on this website that these are worth $800 but is that right because that seemed really steep?

-Dave

I think the median going rate for these in average condition is about $200-$250 a piece. This is based on my observations of items sold at shows and on the major internet auction site.

FYI, the estimate I gave are for WWII production pouches only. I have no idea what WWI, Vietnam or 1980's pouches are selling for.