Market Garden map titled "S Hertogenbosch"

Greg Sebring

Greg Sebring

Pictured here is a map dad brought back. When he gave me his WWII items/souveniers, it was folded quite a bit for storage. He has two others titled ,"Le Harve" and "Cherbourg" that focus obviously on the Normandy area. This past fall, I took all three to a frame shop and had them framed (not dry mounted) with acid free backing and UV glass. I still don't have them displayed but plan to when my son moves out this summer and I convert his old bedroom into my study. Two of the maps have notations dad made on them indicating where his outfit landed.

The detail on the "S Hertogenbosch" is very detailed. The others, not quite so much. All three were produced by the War Department and are marked as such in the corner.

Greg

post-118-1168194933.jpg

Guest colasse

damn,

i am looking for that map

i am from belgium and i would love it to have a copy of you're map if possible.

then i can take a look out there whit the map and walk where they have walked before.

if possible send me a copy please???

kind regards

Cpl colasse

506 Prcht. Infantry

Greg Sebring
damn,

i am looking for that map

i am from belgium and i would love it to have a copy of you're map if possible.

then i can take a look out there whit the map and walk where they have walked before.

if possible send me a copy please???

kind regards

Cpl colasse

506 Prcht. Infantry

Colasse,

I like to oblige you but it is a very pricey request you ask. All my maps were sent to a friend last year. His dad was in the same outfit as mine,...319th GFA. He is a college Prof in Vermont and he is writing a detailed book of stories and incidents the 319th was involved in. He has interviewed my dad over the phone several times....hours at a time. He wanted to examine the "S Hertogenbosch" as he has obtained several coordinants for firing missions the 319th used. The map worked perfectly for him and he returned them to. He did advise he had full size copies of all three made and it would have cost him several hundred dollars for the detailed full size/scale copies. As it turned out, it didn't cost him anything as the printing shop owner was so impressed and interested in them he made the copies for free. Now hears the kicker,....my friend the author is blind. He has college ROTC students help him with his book project. I wouldn't have any problems e- mailing you specific areas if you would like them....just let me know. I've included a sample of the detail. My dad made the notation on the map for the Grosbeek LZ

Greg

post-118-1168227519.jpg

post-118-1168227661.jpg