29th SIGNAL CONSTRUCTION BATTALION

tankerman

GREETINGS TO ALL;

lOOKING FOR INFO REGARDING THE 29TH SIGNAL CONSTRUCTION BATTALION IN WWII.

Also, seeking to assist a person in Holland that adopted the grave of albert Partridge that was a NBC on May 17, 1945. Buried in MARGRARTEN US military cemetary.

This man was african-American and from my town of Newnan, Ga.

It would be nice to assist the man in Holland that adopted the grave and also to ise this in the history dept. at our High School that has an AP class specifically teaching WWII.

This information will b e shared for the greater good.

Cordially,

Al Mark "tankerman"

I have only a little for you.The 29th signal battalion was allotted 20 march 1942 and was activated 10 april 1942 at Camp Gordon Ga. It was redesignated 14 May 1945, ( three days prior to the date you've given for death.) as 29th signal light construction battalion.It was reorganized and redesignated the 29th signal construction battalion on 15 August 1949 and alloted to the Regular Army 31 october 1950.It again reorganised and was redesignated the 29th signal battalion october 20th 1953 and was deactivated August 12 1963,( 12 days before I was born).I was stationed at Ft. Lewis Wa. with the 592nd signal company when it was deactivated and reactivated as Charlie company in the 29th signal battalion on 1 may 1983. It is currently on active duty attached to the 142nd signal brigade of the national guard.Their mission is communications from "the foxhole to the pentagon!". I know that's not much,but I hope it helps some.

Sparrow

• 7 years later...