Civil War scene (scale 1/72)

JB4244

Hello everybody,

Modeling is one of my passions.
I present you my first diorama which represent an installation of artillery battery during the Civil War, in 1/72 scale.
The figures are hand painted and wooden fortifications are in genuine wood.

I let the photos speak :

post-5589-0-87958300-1403547976.jpg

post-5589-0-18426600-1403547981.jpg

post-5589-0-99022000-1403547985.jpg

Best regards

EDIT: Only able to recover 3 pictures

That's nice stuff. I built a diorama in that scale when I was in high school of the assault on Missionary Ridge. It wasn't near as nice as this, but it blew the competition in my Civil War elective class out of the water! I sure could have used some proper artillery and gun crews! Where did you find these pieces?

Hello Garandomatic,

Thanks for your message !

There is an Italeri set where you find different guns : Parrott, Napoleon, Gatling machine gun.

Another box is focused on Union artillery, but it tend to be the same that the artillery set.

And most of the soldiers are from Italeri too. Only engineers are from Revell and it was Confederate soldiers normaly.

Here are the links of these sets :

http://www.plasticsoldierreview.com/Review.aspx?id=210

http://www.plasticsoldierreview.com/Review.aspx?id=213

Best regards.

Gatling? :think: :blink: Those only got used in one place and not for very long. Your scenic work is great and figure painting very good as well, but the layout of the positions is a little off and you wouldn’t have so many different types of artillery in one spot like that. Certainly no gatlings…

Thanks for informations.

I've not found a lot of documents about the Union artillery organisation. And I was not sure for the fortifications too. So, I did that with what I had.

Regards.

Good job. You hid the figure's bases real well.

Great close-up photos. I'd like to see an overall view---other than the aerial shot.

Steve

Dirt Detective

Beautiful !!! Your time and effort is appreciated, I wish i had the skill to model dioramas like you. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Thanks for taking the time to post pics of your hard work. By the way... I think your placement of guns look's fantastic! and would love to see other members models. ;)

WOW, that really is a beautiful diorama! You have good eyes, the painting on those little figures is impressive. The cotton on the firing gun really works, that's very creative.

Very well done!

Dennis

Hi JB,

Great diarama i really like the civil war for the history, uniforms and weapons ect, the cannon and revetments are really good and defensive. I see you have the Redlegs there, i had an ancester in the 14th Brooklyn N.Y.S.M,

Killed at Gettysburg on little round top. He was called Cpl, Albert Pendrill, the painting is really good on the soldiers very tedious i should think but you have done a great job. thanks for showing it.

Dave.

Hello everybody,

Thanks for yout comments, it's encouraging.

I'm happy to see that you like my first diorama !

The next is about a B-24 ...

Best regards.

Outstanding. I made my fair share of dioramas in 1/72 scale in my younger years but I never managed to get my men looking anywhere near as good as what you've accomplished. Great job!

Dirt Detective
Hello everybody,

Thanks for yout comments, it's encouraging.

I'm happy to see that you like my first diorama !

The next is about a B-24 ...

Best regards.

Fantastic...Love the B24. Can you give any clues what its going to depict? :thumbsup:

Hi dirt detective,

Thanks for your interest.

The B-24's diorama is almost done and it represent a photo. On this photo we can see a 8th Air Force's veteran. I have a pants which belonged to him. Unfortunately he is past away, but I discuss with his children ...

Best regards.