Army Dress Greens Question

bheskett

Good Morning all. I am trying to figure out what type of name tag was worn on the early, 1967-1961 Dress Greens. Does anyone have a copy of the regs that can check. I remember seeing or hearing of the early greens has a pocket hang name tag but I need to conferm one way or the other.

Thanks

Bob

Good Morning all. I am trying to figure out what type of name tag was worn on the early, 1967-1961 Dress Greens. Does anyone have a copy of the regs that can check. I remember seeing or hearing of the early greens has a pocket hang name tag but I need to conferm one way or the other.

Thanks

Bob

I remember we had a black plastic rectangular name tag with clutch back pins in 1966-68 in ROTC, as did the regular Army personnel. All US Army personnel that I ran into while going through my draft physical had them too. IN the USAFRes we had a blue plastic name tag.

Steve

...I am trying to figure out what type of name tag was worn on the early, 1967-1961 Dress Greens. Does anyone have a copy of the regs that can check...
Did you mean 1957-1961?

In any case, by 1959 the Army was calling for "name plates" and here is the reg. (AR 670-5, September 28, 1959):

post-1963-1323026267.jpg

Did you mean 1957-1961?

In any case, by 1959 the Army was calling for "name plates" and here is the reg. (AR 670-5, September 28, 1959):

post-1963-1323026267.jpg

A most helpfull posting Wailuna, this regulation was at the very time the Army said enough is enough with the plethora of name tags, name plates ( both Brass and nickel metal and black plastic ), leather pocket name hangers/fobs and wanted a standardization of these type of badges Army wide.

...Any idea on pre 1959....

I don't have the 1956 edition of AR 670-5 (with changes), which immediately preceded the 1959 edition. However, see patches (above^). The mid-1950s name game was pretty much anything goes and up to what local C.O.s would stomach. But note carefully that even after the Army specified what it wanted name plates to look like, their wear was still the local C.O.s call and get a load of that prohibition on buying them with appropriated funds. Who do you think paid for these doodads? The Army brass really didn’t like these things and it took years before they were universally worn.

post-6975-1323113186.jpgBob,

Here's 2 of the pre 60's name tag. 2nd one is clutch back.

Very nice tags, they are truely hard to find, the type thats a clutch back plate is a nice varient.

Yea, the clutch post are small"trim nails", you can see the impression of the heads in the paper name tag. looking for some more, to much stuff :blink: